Allow us to bulk-edit identical ColorSequence properties by selection

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to edit the ColorSequence properties of several selected Instances, where the value is equal to all properties in the selection, without having to individually edit each one manually.

This would be a great quality of life change, one use-case of mine being instances where you have multiple UIComponents that you’d like to adjust the identical properties of, such as UIGradients under UIStroke or GuiObjects. In the example below, I use UIGradients for a ‘multiplying’ effect to easily halve the Value property of the parent button color.

Another use case could be to bulk-edit the Color property of identical ParticleEmitters.

Being able to bulk-select all of these to change them from rgb(255, 255, 255) to rgb(127, 127, 127) would improve my experience because it would save crucial time editing these properties in bulk.

35 Likes

I cannot stress how much this would improve workflow in studio.

This heavily comes into play with ParticleEmitters. I have similar particles on hundreds of pet models, and I have to manually edit each and every Color property as you cannot change them at the same time.

Editing multiple properties is awesome for things like ParticleEmitter’s rate or Frame’s locations, however, it fails to work with ColorSequences such as ParticleEmitter’s colors. Why?!

At least allow it to work if the Color/ColorSequence is a solid color and not a gradient. As in, let me type in the singular RGB color code.

OP posted on Feb 2022, it is now Feb 2024. Happy 2-year anniversary.

2 Likes