Release Notes for 593

Release Notes for 593

48 Likes

All very nice updates. But what does this one mean?

Respects it how?

11 Likes

It’s my understanding, if the root ScreenGui is not enabled (visible to the player), then any descendants won’t be returned by this function.

10 Likes

:pray: THANK YOU!! It has been such a pain to edit ParticleEmitters & gradient objects en masse which share similar properties, this will help to reduce the friction so much for me. Time to mark this as a solution soon!

Love to see improvements for interfaces as well. This will definitely improve my custom implementations for MouseEnter/MouseLeave.

26 Likes

Nothing interesting this week, I see.

8 Likes

Seems interesting to me:

10 Likes

Has this update broke movement for characters? No one in any of the games I’m joining is able to move…

18 Likes

Same here. I am getting reports in my R6 game of players not being able to move and sinking into the ground.

10 Likes

It’s not just R6, it’s impacting all types of characters. Probably something up with humanoids and it’s just suddenly hit out of nowhere in the past few minutes.

12 Likes

impossible

everything in this “update” is “pending” and not released yet

4 Likes

Release notes don’t detail every change in the engine, just significant ones. Probably was a small change under the hood that got enabled with this update and had unintended consequences.

8 Likes

i guess roblox having fast flag issue again :joy: (last time they broke R6 with a single fast flag and the character was really buggy like enabled noclipping for R6 and it was super broken crashes were common)

6 Likes

There were a lot of audio API updates this time around, and once again this release introduces more subscriptions APIs to MarketplaceService.

I’ve noticed recently that a lot of work is being done on subscriptions - it went from an obscure addition in the API a while ago to flaring up once again in how much is being added. Assuming my initial speculation from the first time subscription APIs were added to MarketplaceService remains accurate that this will be a third way for us to monetise, that would be great over having to do it by hand with developer products. I’m particularly excited for some news.

Also, a huge cheers and thanks for adding more options for DataStore budget checking.

12 Likes

Nice GUI QoL change. Animation editor keeps getting fixes but my main problem with it is that Easing Directions are inverted when animations are saved/published. It has been an issue for years and it seems like such a simple fix.

5 Likes

RDC starts tomorrow. The interesting stuff is probably being saved for that.

4 Likes

This is a convenient addition, saves having to deconstruct and then reconstruct the vector just to do the math on it. :smile:

Is there any plans to do the same with math.floor, math.ceil and math.round?

7 Likes

Maybe at some point. The reason I didn’t add it along with the others Vector additions I’ve made is that you only need one of the three to implement the rounding you want, so two of them would go basically unused while polluting an important namespace. Deciding the right solution to that awkwardness stopped me from including them so far.

But they would be useful for stuff like vectorized octree calculations.

11 Likes

Everyone has their own standards for what they consider to be interesting. When I look at this, I think “Ah, yes, irrelevant changelogs which will not affect how I use ROBLOX Studio”.

3 Likes

Oh, could using an enum parameter be a potential solution?

Like Vector3:Round(Enum.RoundMode.Floor), Vector3:Round(Enum.RoundMode.Ceil) and Vector3:Round(Enum.RoundMode.Round) and have floor as the default or something. (Just an example, could use better names)

3 Likes

Most likely I’ll just add Floor at some point and not the others. Specifically, if you’re using Round on vectors your code is almost certainly wrong: Snapping to a grid should not be implemented using math.round because the zero-biasing it does introduces a discontinuity in your logic around the origin, it should be implemented using math.floor or math.ceil, easy trap to fall into.

14 Likes