Allow us to freely transfer our games between our profile / groups

Why is this still not a thing??? It’s been almost 7 years… WHY IS ROBLOX NOT LOOKING AT THIS???

3 Likes

Did you actually read through the thread before responding? :slightly_smiling_face:

They’re clearly looking at the thread. It’s also clear there are a lot of roadblocks internally so they probably haven’t been able to prioritize it or there are a lot of things that need to happen before under the hood before they can ship something like this.

4 Likes

I’m here to say that even ~6 years later developers are still having this issue, and that it’s very important to fix it.
It isn’t a small group of people, there are popular developers that replied and supported this topic.
There’s evilitself that resumed the problem perfectly
The last roblox staff response made by @Seranok was in June last last year. He said they have their eyes on the thread and are aware of the issue.
I hope that this could be solved this year (my hopes) since ~6 years is already ridiculous imo for something this important robux-wise.
If instant-one button transfer has issues, the profile game to group game program could be reinstated and be a solution, but not for a temporary time (like in 2016), but as a definitive medium for solving these issues.

7 Likes

Now this, this is what I need! It would make game transfers so much easier!

3 Likes

Are there any updates on this? This is something we need in 2023

4 Likes

Thanks for all the engagement on this. We know this is a highly requested feature, and while we can’t promise a timeline yet we are working on how best to address it. Will provide an update as soon as we’re able to!

97 Likes

This is great to know. Now I can move all my current games to my current used group. Thank you for responding to this idea.

6 Likes

This is what happened to my game. When I made my game, I was very new to the website and didn’t know the benefits of having a game tied to a group, like collaboration, payouts, and having multiple games linked in one group for players to find easily. Now it is too late for me to re-upload the game to a group because millions of players have save data and Passes attached to the game already.

2 Likes

2 years ago I had to distribute a percentage with one of my friends who helped me with one project.
We decided to do 50/50, tho I was the creator of the game. I put 50000 robux in Major Creations so we could actually share the earnings, and got back only 31000 robux.
After 6 years of the no tax dev-sharing feature request appeared, there is still nothing new, just false hope and ignorance.
What do we have to do for the Staff community to understand our situation and give us a hand? I can’t waste 19000 robux each time just to share half of it, if we do the maths, instead of 50/50 we will be getting 35/35% of the earnings, without taking in mind that roblox also takes 30% off whenever someone buys a gamepass.

More and more Big game developers like @haz3mn @BuildIntoGames @Ultraw @Coeptus are trying to make this feature an existent one.
How long do we have to wait?
Why giving us fake hope?
Everyone lost their hope, everyone’s just so tired of asking.
Please do something.
At least a game-percentage distribution, without the need of a group.
I’m sorry to everyone who has lost 30% of their money just to distribute it to their devs.

9 Likes

Perhaps that’s why they said “timeline?” It’d be different if they said they were adding it and then proceeded not to, or at the very least, take another two years to give an update.

2 Likes

I understand that what I said was harsh but it’s been 6 years & it’s upsetting that no one has confirmed that the feature is ever going to exist or whether it’s being worked on at all. CountLoops said that they are working ‘on how best to address it’ which could mean they will address it in a few years time by announcing that the feature isn’t something they feel is worth adding.

2 Likes

Just to add my experience with this: Innovation Security migrated from a profile game to a group game as part of a major rewrite. However, not being able to transfer the game:

• Left the millions of place visits around.
  • Confused users to why a previously visited/favorited game was now closed.
  • Left a game pass + badge behind under the old game.
  • Relied on us to do a copy of the DataStores.

We were a bit lucky that there is a requirement to be a group member to play the game, so <75K users to migrate. However, we had to take 10 hours of downtime after a week of testing and planning to do this (originally, this was looking at 16 hours). For a larger game, like the Innovation Inc Labs or Arctic Base, this would have easily taken weeks due to Open Cloud’s one-at-a-time nature with rate limiting. Being able to transfer a game to the group would have prevented that, and would help a couple of others I am close to in the future that aren’t willing to take the same compromises we did.

9 Likes

If transferring games to a group proves to be too difficult for whatever reason, a feature that most of us would appreciate instead would be a way to change where earnings for a game (such as gamepasses, developer products etc) go. So instead of it going to the game owners funds, it goes to the group funds of a specified group. It seems the main reason that most of us want this feature is for the sake of paying our developers, so I think it would be a good solution to the problem.

5 Likes

Now this, once again, I am still hoping this happens someday.

I do remember something where roblox would manually do this a few years back.

How that worked is you’d give the game link to transfer to a link to a group owned by the same user as who owns that game linked and the roblox team would manually do this for the devs.

It was a temporary sorta test run thing… that just shows that THIS IS possible but roblox is just refusing to allow US DEVELOPERS to do this very feature.

I have tried to find this again to prove this actually happened but seemingly traces of this are gone… I could be misremembering but I highly doubt it as I kept going back to that post to see if it had been reopened since I found it over these years.

4 Likes

Big update! Today, the fourth part of Roblox’s new Creator Roadmap was revealed! Under the “Collaborate more efficiently as a team” section is a new feature which looks like it solves this longtime issue!

• Experience Ownership Transfer - Transfer ownership to another individual or team (Mid 2023)
22 Likes

Whooo!. I am saved. Especcially for my zombie survival game.

This could be problematic if an account or a group gets compromised.

Hi, my honest opinion says if you dont share token or paste anything in developer console, which could let scammers get into your account, then you wont have such problems as u have mentioned earlier.

Only took them over half a decade. I get that it’s an old website and hard to change however this wait for an incredibly useful feature is really annoying.

Still waiting, got any updates on this?

3 Likes