Alternative to ladders on a moving ship!

I want the character to be able to climb a ladder on a moving ship. (Velocity and physics)

The character falls off the ladder if he/she is climbing from opposite side of which direction the ladder is moving. (Ok basically the ship is fast and when you climb on the ladder you fall off because the ship moves but your not. If you climb from the back then you will be pushed by the ladder and will stay on the ladder.)

Is there any alternative? I do not want the player to be teleported to the top of the ladder of teleported back down. I want the player to be able to CLIMB the ladder.

Please reply in the most simple way possible because I am not a pro or experienced scripter.

2 Likes

You can try to weld the player to the ship while manipulating the player’s position and playing an animation to make a pseudo climb that doesn’t rely on roblox physics

1 Like

How do you do that? My mind has been blown.

This is coming from off the top of my head since I havn’t really thought about it that much. But an idea I have is that when the player touches the ladder, use a weldconstraint to make the player stick to the ladder, and unbind the player movement keys. Then make your own controls using ContextActionService, W and S to go up and down. When the player presses space, or reach the top/bottom of the ladder you can then return everything back to normal.