Alternatives to “suicidal” content

For example, in russian roulette you’d think: No, i’m not going to pull the trigger cause I know I might die. I believe you can have the same style game but with something else so users do not think in this way

1 Like

I’d say that’s an ingenious alternative.

1 Like

I suppose that would be a less agressive way to look at it. Children play with NERF guns and water guns a lot outside. It’s a fun idea that tests your reflexes and aim.

2 Likes

That’s what i’m saying. I think the main problem with a game like this is automatically thinking about suicide and death, which is why things can be switched up.

1 Like

Yes, It is a good idea to make it a safe experience for everyone. It even makes the game more fun when the game is more vibrant and knowing that there is always another round rather than dying in a dark scary room with your body on the floor.

I wish you good luck on development, and I hope your game gets a lot of positive feedback.

7 Likes

@ianchua1 (who made russian roulette simulator) turned it into a new game called delicious consumables simulator after it was taken down. It has the same core mechanics, but with a more child-friendly theme where the player drinks cans of soda. If you throw up, you lose your streak. I think you could do the same and make it a child-friendly theme.

5 Likes

Hot Potato is already a concept that exists.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add in, if you want an official statement then you should email Roblox and see what they think about it! Just email them at support@roblox.com.

5 Likes

I did and they sent a link to the TOS lol

4 Likes

Tell them you read it multiple times and still don’t understand, it would be more useful to provide an answer rather than being lazy and throwing a link.

Maybe contact DevRelations? They are more useful.

I seen many great ideas which makes me wonder why this thread is unsolved yet, what issue are you currently having?

I like @Yozoh’s idea why not use that?

3 Likes

Make it childish, so the player has a laser gun or something and instead of killing the player with blood/gore it freezes them or makes them disappear

3 Likes

I can think of rolling a die because it has six sides like a revolver’s maximum ammo at a time.

Game randomly picks a number on the die and keeps it a secret. Each player in turn rolls the die and is only told by the game that the number they rolled isn’t the losing number, which is then blotted out and if a player rolls that blotted number, they have to roll again.

If a player is handed the die and all but one sides are blotted out, then they lose.

1 Like

The reason I don’t really accept the others is that I don’t want to make the game that cartoony. I can understand making a gun a toy gun or something, but changing the entire game to a cartoon style doesn’t fit what I’m after. I know that if games like Breaking Point (minus the many problems they had to go through with ROBLOX) could do it, why couldn’t I?

I just really want to have this type of game without changing the whole plot to something cartoony, but I also want it to be in line with ROBLOX’s rules.

1 Like

I have a video demonstration of what it is like, and this is why it is definitely not safe for ROBLOX right now. If you want to see it just pm me and I’ll show you.

1 Like

I believe @RVVZ doesn’t want to have his original vision disrupted therefore this wasn’t necessarily helpful advice.

While it’s true that Roblox is a platform primarily demographiced to 10+ you can’t deny how there’s some leniency given to certain developers I.e this

3 Likes

Many alternative could be made, it’s just that he Dosent want alts.

4 Likes

I can make alternatives to save it, but I don’t want to make it cartoony which is what everyone is suggesting. I can make alternatives which switch up the entire game sort of but as long as it doesn’t make it cartoony.

2 Likes

Make it a table full of players, and each player has a button in front of them. When it’s their turn, give them a 1/6 chance to trigger a buzzer which makes a red light shine over them and disqualifies them from the match.

4 Likes

ROBLOX would definitely be fine with that, but in the eyes of the players that wouldn’t be as tense and interesting as a revolver with a spinning barrel, and players would easily get bored. It seems more of a gameshow idea.

A sort of idea I had was that a mounted sentry gun was up somewhere, that went in turns aiming at the player, and when the player pushes the buzzer the trigger of revolver is pulled. However I still think ROBLOX would hate me for that.

1 Like

I re-emailed ROBLOX for help after last time all they did was send me a link to the TOS. Because I also have to keep in mind is that a game might seem fine to us but ROBLOX might have contrasting views.

2 Likes