Alternatives to “suicidal” content

Clearly you must have not understood my post, I was agreeing with @Krunnie and expanding on his explanation, any games with any sort of ‘Suicidal’ or serious violence of any kind is against the Roblox ToS, hence why I stated about changing the game idea. ’ doesn’t want to have his original vision disrupted therefore this wasn’t necessarily helpful advice .’ I believe @RVVZ was also here to get feedback on this and some ideas on ‘Alternatives’ as said in his title. Please think before you post on the forums.

-Veesom

4 Likes

Well I just got an email back from them: “Please provide more information”. I guess I need opinion of the community then.

1 Like

To be clear, the game got taken down because it had RR.

7 Likes

I remember you changed the gun to a laser gun or something, but even so I’m pretty sure ROBLOX said no.

Would this as an idea be accepted?: A buzzer in front of the player, when they push it, the game works the same way except the revolver is mounted?

3 Likes

The laser guns were added after removing RR. They didn’t do anything, so I figured it was a blacklist problem (where mods thought bp was only rr)

It seems that the buzzer replaces the finger on the trigger, (which still feels like self-harm, in-directly). But I cannot really say much here. You should contact and ask devrel about this. Apologies :worried:

7 Likes

Thought of this I guess:
Instead of you aiming a revolver at your head and pulling the trigger, instead you just do everything but instead you aim a toy gun up in the sky, so it’s not like any harm is done. And then you just sit out if the gun is fired.

If that’s okay, then would maybe something like an anvil falling down on you and ragdolling while birds and stars fly around your head (comedic) be fine?

5 Likes

I think that’s actually a great idea. It’s better than aiming a gun to your head and influence suicide. I also think they should be shooting a wire/string that causes the anvil to fall.

4 Likes

Sorry for late response, but could it still be banned as it is still mimicking Russian Roulette?
Especially if:
-you pick up gun,
-open chamber and then pick where the bullet goes,
-spin,
-aim in sky
-fire

It could possibly be banned if the gun is way too realistic. But I don’t think it’ll be banned. Mimicking is okay, as long as it isn’t too similar.

1 Like

Use a water pistol?

Similar how the emoji changed.

2 Likes

FALLING PIANOS AND DICE ROLLS!

Actually, do something that is not realistic. Guns that shoots out a flag or simply blasts out all kinds of ridiculous objects at the player, for instance:

• Piano
  • Anvil
  • Clowns
  • Tables / Raig Tables
  • Antique clock
  • Explosives that explodes out random snakes

Outcome of this could be that the player will run out of the place from fear or just being squished by heavy falling objects.

1 Like

I considered him shooting up and an anvil falling down, but isn’t that still like in-direct suicide? or in-direct self harm? Especially with a realistic gun.
I guess I can make the gun shoot out a flag pole or something but still?

1 Like

You’re right to assume so, however the majority is close minded to where controversial alternatives slip by undetected. Look at sword fighting for example, you’re stabbing your opponent to death however since it doesn’t have any blood or guts coming out of the player it’s viewed as child friendly.

If you truly want to play it safe, i’d recommend parodying a gun rather than replicating the exact design. Sci-fi has some interesting guns

1 Like

Yeah, a sort of NERF-style revolver should do the trick.

2 Likes

Speaking of shooting out flags. We have guns that shoot out a flag that says “BANG!”. This will be an indication that they lost the game. Hahahah!

I remember it well, it was this gear!

“I can’t believe you received a heart attack from a joke!”

5 Likes

I have a question: how can I make more skill is required for this game instead of just “getting lucky”?

I was thinking of you choosing when you stop spinning the barrel and that doing something. However, exploiters would be a big problem, and you wouldn’t be able to detect them. Any thoughts?

Get inside the head of a 9 year old first. They think pretty differently than older people.

Well, the game is still russian roulette but no one actually gets hurt. You just shoot into the sky and if you fired the gun you lose.

1 Like

The mechanics are overly simplistic to where adding skill isn’t the easiest to accomplish yet i’ll try my best to give a few samples.

Going based on your previous alternative you settled on, I believe skill could be implemented if

• aiming the gun is complex.

• Requiring the shooter to shoot a particular pressure point for the rope to break causing the anvil to fall on the player.

• Having the player spam a key to avoid sitting in the chair, if the player fails to escape the chair they’ll be smashed by the anvil (or vice versa with the player already strapped to the chair trying to break loose before the anvil can fall on top of the player)

1 Like

That would work, but I unfortunately had to abandon the idea of the anvil falling because it’s still indirect suicide/self harm.

2 Likes