Alternatives to “suicidal” content

Not necessarily, you could do something similar to how Tom and jerry substituted inflicting pain.

1 Like

Yeah, but I don’t want it to be cartoony lol

2 Likes

I was afraid of that, well you could have it be where you have to reload it in a pattern in order for the gun to shoot? Aside from that I’ve got nothing…:grimacing:

Ex being here (Not sure if this falls under “cartoony”)

1 Like

Your game will be a lot more successful if it stays cartoon-like such as…

1 Like

This is probably one of your only options. What is wrong with it being cartoony anyways?

1 Like

I am reminded of a game called Pillow Fight Simulator, where you fight using pillows, it’s a unique concept and makes fighting less violent, I don’t know why RWZ doesn’t want a cartoony feel, but there are a lot of ideas that he could come up with. :smile:

1 Like

Spin chamber → Pull trigger → Black screen → Oof noise

1 Like

Are you making this to be successful or to be something you just want to make?
For success, you need to design a game with the demographic in mind which may not always align with what you want to do and you seem like you want to do what you want to do over success.

So which are we prioritizing here?
Do you really think a kid wants to play what you are making?
This question will drastically affect viable alternatives.
For success you probably gotta make compromises since you are already not liking things that appeals to kids.

1 Like

It’s more so valuing his original vision over wealth, if @RVVZ had decided to do cartoony he would feel as if he’s betraying himself. It’s a touché subject that I previously covered here

Considering it’s similar to breaking point, yes I’d say so. The whole issue isn’t that children wouldn’t find this game enjoyable, it’s more so what the parents POV will be. Children don’t judge games based on it being bloody or gory unless they’re raised to suppress that genre.

Fun is subjective, for ex when I was a child I adored Roblox yet my younger brother who must’ve been 8 at the time was more fixated on mature titles I.e being GTA, halo, cod, etc.

Here’sa parent’s perspective on this controversial topic

1 Like

You could always take the horror route. Have an entity snatch you and pull you into the darkness.

3 Likes

The RAKE: Classic Edition was made just to be a replacement of my old Rake game for nostalgic purposes, and I didn’t expect it to be anywhere near what it is all. These things cannot always be so predictable.

Kids don’t just like cartoony games, otherwise you wouldn’t have them interested in 18+ rated games.

I’m making this as a small fun experience for players and cause i’ve wanted to make it for ages.

I am also limited to what I want to do with it due to ROBLOX TOS and exploiters.

I’m actually ok with the game itself, I am just struggling with making it more skill required since you lose depending on where the bullet lands when you spin the barrel (randomised)

If they’re gambling for their life, it should just be a water gun, and there’s certain types of water that can cause you to be thrown out of the game by shooting a target. Maybe shooting a sleeping beast with water, and depending on which water it is, they get kicked out of the round.

1 Like

I’ve kept it as russian roulette, but instead you never shoot anyone or yourself with the gun. You just lose if you fire the gun.

1 Like

This really isn’t helpful at all. Especially when we are talking what appeals to majority than individual perceptions.

Never said that.

Instead of trying to pick my points apart try to see where I am pointing to.
But given you have clarified popularity and wealth isn’t what you are designing your game around you are fine.

So these are the breaches I’ve identified with the game’s content and how it violates the Roblox Community Rules. Let’s say it’s a gun and you end up losing, I would refrain from having any sort of death cut scene ect. for the following reason.

• Having others assist in the death that you placed upon yourself (by spinning the firearm’s chamber) would be classed as assisted suicide. Now the Roblox Community Rules for Developers states the following;

“Below is a list of inappropriate behaviors (and please note this list is not comprehensive; you should think through if you are providing or promoting inappropriate behavior):”

“* Dangerous, unethical and illegal activities; or”

" * Threats and self-harm;"

“Sexual content or overly violent content”

Now shooting yourself via a gun with the help of other’s as a byproduct of gambling, in my opinion, violates all of these rules. As for the “illegal activities” section, for me within the UK suicide is a criminal offence under the Suicide Act 1961. Again under the Suicide Act 1961 assisting suicide is also illegal therefore would come under “Illegal Activities”.

However (I’m not a US law expert) but within the U.S. suicide itself is legal but assisted suicide is again illegal. So overall to stay clean of Roblox rules I’d suggest the following;

• Do not include an overly graphic and or too realistic gunshot scene.
  • Do not reflect it in a positive light e.g. surviving or dying will result in a reward.
  • Now I honestly think the whole concept is hindered by “Dangerous, unethical and illegal activities” as suicide, playing with guns and hurting others falls under dangerous and unethical.

I have quite recently emailed Roblox support with my own question which stated.
“Hi I’m a developer on the Roblox platform and am planning to create a realistic crime game. I was just wondering how (or even if) I can implement realistic shooting and or injury scenes in the game without breaching the Terms of Service and or Community Rules.”

And not suprisingly I received a standard response that gave me no further insight at all.

For reference;

• Under the Suicide Act 1961, Section 2, (1) (a) makes assisting suicide an offence.
  • Under the Suicide Act 1961, Section 2, (1) (b) encouraging suicide is made an offence.

Main sources

5 Likes

This was very helpful, thank you.

I have decided not to have any killing or death involved though, and you just go out if you fire the gun, and you can choose to “fold” (back out) and still get some money if you think you’ll go out when you fire the gun. Is that ok?

2 Likes

Yes absolutely, just think I’m not sure if you have any young relatives but suppose you did. Think about what you’d be willing to expose them too and what is and isn’t appropriate.

1 Like

I am at a stage now where I’m pretty sure it’s suitable for ROBLOX (fitting with TOS wise)

Before:

Now:

12 Likes

Great improvement! I look forward to trying your game out.

1 Like