ALT+P shortcut will sometimes not work until you publish through top bar menu

For some reason on random occasions, ALT+P will simply not work for publishing until I publish from the top bar “File->PublishToRoblox”

Video proof:

15 Likes

I also have this issue. Although it is somewhat nice because I often press Alt + P out of habit even when I don’t necessarily wanna publish, lol.

Can you think of any consistent steps to reproduce? Does it seem to happen after doing some particular sequence of things?

It’s as written–Alt+P does nothing until you click File > Publish.

2 Likes

I have been having this same issue lately! Thank you for posting. I thought my ALT key was broken.

I’ve also been having issues with the studio camera not moving when I scroll my mouse. I found a fix for it which only works some of the time.

1 Like

This happens to me to, when on the latest version of roblox studio. None of my studio keybinds work, and I would have to manually do everything.

There’s no reproduces stepes because I don’t even know how I got here.

I have reported this issue as well. It seems to be related to the Faster Solo Play beta feature. It was reported awhile ago, but I can’t find the report now.

EDIT: Found it

Various aspects of Studio UI keep reverting and resetting

I’ve narrowed it down to not working until you press the file button to open the menu. Once you do that it will work. It started happening 1-2 months ago. I’ve also been having this issue with some shortcuts too. For example, i have set Alt+O as my shortcut to displaying/hiding the orientation indicator of a part. It wont work unless i open the “right click” menu for any of instances that have it (so a basepart). It doesnt have to be that exact part, but unless i open it it wont work. Same thing for the shortcuts i have asigned to select children (ctrl + ñ) and select parents (ctrl + shift + ñ). They wont work until i open the right click menu that “displays the options” and then they will work all the time. Happens regardless of what key combo i set it to.

3 Likes

This just happened to me. I just lost HOURS of work because I had been pressing Alt + P the entire time, and studio crashed. I came back to the world to find nothing in it. Turns out you have to click it in the menu now. Also, the game despite saying it made auto recovery files for the place, NONE EXIST. I am back to square one and need to rebuild an ENTIRE map for a game. THANK YOU ROBLOX, YOU’RE THE BEST EVER

1 Like