Am I allowed to mention the word "Discord"?

Doesn’t seem to be true.

If you check PolicyService and it’s allowed, there is no issue showing these external links. Don’t show Discord links, etc., if PolicyService returns that Discord isn’t allowed. PolicyService returns a list of allowed references in this case, and if Discord is allowed then you can talk about it, show links, etc… The description in the docs themselves clearly shows Discord as an example, as the image above shows. As always, I might be wrong, however I think that this is the best solution.

Including this:
Officially in Roblox’s guidelines, it’s now allowed.

1 Like

FWIW: you’re replying to a post that was made in 2020. Rules are not set in stone and subject to change over time. This answer was accurate at the time of its posting, and since then Roblox has been more lenient in how they moderate Discord for developers - particularly, you’ll notice the presence of Discord in allowed external links.

As of today, PolicyService does support Discord and as long as you have it implemented, you can show Discord links. You should always consult authoritative sources of policy first before a DevForum reply when it comes to moderation, especially one that’s been made years ago.

“PolicyService is not a workaround” is in reference to using other information to guess out whether or not players would be allowed to see Discord in-experience. Discord was blanket banned around this time and many replies were suggesting ways to work around the blanket ban.

1 Like

Does this mean you are allowed to have an invite link to a discord server on a dev forum post now? or is there still a rule on that? i’m not sure myself and I haven’t been able to find a solid answer

EDIT: was meant to reply to @Eddippla

As long as it’s not in Bulletin Board which can be shared and viewed by under 13 users which breaks the allowed links policy.

1 Like