An easier way to upload your assets on Creator Dashboard!

I would like to-be able to flip to a certain page, I have a lot of assets, and just flipping through every page 1, waiting for it to load, is for me torment. Or add some filters to search

9 Likes

Will we ever be able to search for development items by id or name?
Not easy finding the image you want when you upload 10+ of the same images.
(I make textures and make a lot of revisions before i’m happy)
It’s pretty much impossible to archive when my assets get stolen.

7 Likes

That’s an awesome update. The only thing that kinda annoys me is the weird padding on the interface

2 Likes

This is a pretty nice update, I’ve been waiting for drag and drop for years, plus we can finally upload in dark mode I guess (although rip to light mode users).

Also, the fact that multi-file upload is coming is amazing, I currently have to use Chrome extensions to achieve this, or the other solution is Studio.

2 Likes

well i hope u dont get rid of the old or I’m quitting

3 Likes

Well I guess this is good bye because they are sunsetting the old one:

On a side note, it’s disappointing that lots of people get mad at Roblox over the dumbest things :confused:

6 Likes

Somewhat related to asset uploading; it would be great if we could directly upload assets using the Asset Manager without having to be on a published game. Currently, it’s a bit cumbersome to go on a baseplate and try some new textures just to realize I forgot to open another game to upload an asset from studio. I could use the site, however the website is too slow and clunky for my liking so it’s more convenient to do it directly in Studio.

4 Likes

See you in a week! :wave:

Glad to see this new change. Way cleaner and easier to navigate minus the above-mentioned UX annoyances.

6 Likes

Looks good, just think there should be somewhere what type of files are allowed (as it’s not possible to view trough drag and dropping), and actually show an error when you try to upload an incorrect format, as right now it just goes red and doesn’t really say much about why it didn’t upload

2 Likes

Don’t think I like this - It adds significant time to the existing workflow.

What was “drag, click upload”, is now “drag, scroll down, click upload”. When uploading ~300 files at once, this time/tediousness adds up.

Would it be possible to make it so the upload buttons are always visible/anchored to the bottom or something so the scroll isn’t needed?

Might need to make a bug report for this:
We have around 4000 Audio files uploaded to the group. We can see none or 5 under archived.

This is a major concern if the classic develop page is going away.

7 Likes

How convenient!
Will we eventually also be able to remove/delete assets we no longer use?
I still have an inventory full of assets I wish to never use again and feel like archiving them is not enough (besides I don’t think Roblox has infinite storage on their servers).

Its nice but it would also be nice to continue to use the old way too some things are just better there.

1 Like

As someone who has been deving for years this new interface I know for a fact is going to take me a minute to understand. Great update though!

I’m having the same bug as @centraltrains

I have several audios uploaded under my account, and I can see zero of them on the creator dashboard.

I can still see them on the Develop Pages though.

2 Likes

PSA: do not try to upload a video to your game via the create page. big mistake.

@peraldon please help…
edit: bruh it went up even higher :rofl:

6 Likes

Please keep the old upload pages available via opt-in or something.

I hate the new ones, and personally prefer the nostalgic feel of the old setup.

Veteran users like me have never known anything other than the old pages, so fully removing them is a horrible decision.

I repeat; PLEASE KEEP THE OLD PAGES AVAILABLE VIA OPT IN.

1 Like

Yeah, literally have been wondering why we are required to have a game published to use that feature since it’s inception. It removed any of the utility it could have had for me, I get it’s for project management but. Pretty much 100% of the time I’m using a saved place file on my computer to iteratively develop and save versions because I would prefer to have immediate access to it. I would love to not have to navigate to the website for the asset uploading workflow at all without having to update a current version of my game.
Why can the uploading workflow not be introduced to the toolbox? Seems like the most logical place to implement it considering it is how we interface with our assets…

1 Like

Bug

Audio limit is missing from the create page.

1 Like

Update: This bug seems to be fixed for me.

Has this been fixed for you @centraltrains ?

I agree completely! I would also like the feature to opt-out of the new creator dashboard

2 Likes