An entire Parent Model gets destroyed if a Child Model gets deleted by void if grouped with a folder

A parent model containing both a folder and a model/part would be destroyed if the model/part is fallen off the map. If paired with a model instead of a folder, this would not happen.

Red contains a Model (containing the baseplate and spawn) and a Part and remains undeleted after the Part gets destroyed by the void.
Blue contains a Folder (containing the baseplate and spawn) and a Part and gets deleted after Part gets destroyed by the void.

Expected behavior

I would assume there would be no behavioral differences between a model and folder being a parent to contain things. This behavior on its own is bizarre and should not happen. This has been an issue with my game causing an entire map to be deleted, leaving me not realizing what could have been causing it, until today.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

This made us look at how the kill plane is implemented and we noticed a number of other correctness and performance issues.
We’ll have a fix in a week or two.

8 Likes

We’ve flipped a flag. Can you confirm this is fixed?

Confirmed! Thank you for looking into this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.