An operating system within Roblox: CoreOS

About 2-ish days ago, I came across a game on Roblox called Windows 10 Experience. It’s exactly what it sounds like, a recreation of Windows 10 in Roblox. However, it was pretty low quality to say the least. That game has inspired me to make this: CoreOS.

(Issue with people not being able to join has been resolved. If you can’t join, it’s probably an issue on your end)

All the images above are in-game footage, and every app works. It’s not finished just yet though, as I still need to make more apps, and finished features I have in mind. I’m also looking for feedback and suggestions from you all. If you want to play the unfinished version for yourself, and give your opinion, here it is: Core OS.

Most recent update: click here for reply

52 Likes

btw it’s a private game, easy fix tho

1 Like

Wait a second, it’s saying it’s public though…

I’ll update the link and see if that works.

[[ Updated the link, probably worked as I can rate it. ]]

1 Like

that’s what I see now

1 Like

Okay, should be 100% fixed. Sorry about all this hassle, all my bad.

1 Like

now I have a different message, can you get someone else to test it???

2 Likes

Never seen that message before, however there are 2 other people in a server with me.

1 Like

I’ve never seen this either

maybe it’s on my end?
I can join any other game so idk what roblox is doing

2 Likes

You probably have a setting enabled that prevents people that are not your friends to join.

You can try searching for it or publishing to a different place.

3 Likes

Its letting me join, and I’m not friends with him, so probably not.

3 Likes

I counted around 8-9 non-friends who joined. Plus the access is set to everyone. For D0R, it’s most likely an issue on his end.

3 Likes

let me try using my alt acc to test it out

EDIT: my alt acc won’t work either, wtf???

2 Likes

Love the UI. It’s insanely clean bro. Great job!

2 Likes

It’s not just on your end, I can confirm this is happening to me as well.

2 Likes
  1. When I opened up the image of patrick, it did not let me close it.
  2. Maybe make the red close button have an X?
  3. Maybe use a data store to save things like backgrounds selected?
  4. Something similar to windows where you can pin things to the bottom app bar would be pretty cool. (And maybe save what you pin with a data store)

By the way, I really love the GUI. It looks very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll take your feedback into account for the next update.

1 Like

I love this, but one thing I would suggest within the OS, is making the close icon smaller. Personally, it doesn’t look pleasing to the eye.

Other than that, great job!

The tweening, and the design looks really good, and resembles that of an OS. As many other replies had mentioned, the close button looks kind of displeasing. And dragging windows is also a bit messy, the left corner of the window just suddenly moves to the mouse pointer. This could result in the window going somewhere, which would block the close button. Other than these tiny things, I really like it! Good job, and keep it up.

Alright! I’ll make it smaller.

1 Like

Are you on mobile? It may only be available on certain devices.