An update on Live Ops

From my point of view. The Live Ops style model is, really, in almost every Tencent game. Plus the dates aligned incredibly close. But it definitely makes sense that you know more about the internal process. So I will take your word. I don’t think it was much of a stretch :-p

1 Like

I think live-ops were just a way for Roblox to phase out events. If they just removed events then everyone would be really upset, so they phased out events by replacing them with live-ops (a feature that most people didn’t like), and then they removed live-ops, which people didn’t really care about.

This was precisely one of the main issues with it’s execution, if Roblox’s targeted demographic is children than overcomplicated vocabulary will be a huge turn off.

At minimum it should’ve been categorized as “Developer events” Incase Roblox didn’t want to mislead players into believing the original events were returning.

Quite a few developers have experimented with seasonal only currency, TM2/spin offs of this franchise have normalized this feature. It just hasn’t become a mainstream trend for the entire platform yet.

Depends on your monetization strategies, and how the team decided to distribute %’s. If you’ve locked yourself in at minimum 50% than 200 concurrent players can be rather profitable if you’re fortunate enough to grab the attention of compulsive buyers. I.e A well put together rarity system so that it encourages players to keep buying until they’ve unlocked x item. If it’s a poorly designed system than it’ll discourage players from buying.

1 Like

It’s been a few months sense we have heard of any news of when this will return. Any updates?

1 Like

If your talking about Live-Ops, then probably not, if your talking about events, then yes, there was a Post about signing up for Egg Hunt 2020, which is now closed, not to mention it’s still unknown if Monthly Events are gonna come back, but still.

Live-Ops Is what I was talking about. I already did the egg Hunt one.

Speaking of Egg Hunt 2020, has anyone gotten a response yet as to the application?

5 Likes

I applied and haven’t heard back yet. However, I’m not a developer with huge games so I think my overall chances of getting accepted are pretty low. I’m not sure if they’re even reaching out to everyone that applied-- maybe they’re only reaching out to users that were approved? I’m not too sure about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking the same…

Really wish they wouldn’t leave us hanging if we didn’t get approved and could just give us a response back for once.

3 Likes

To be fair, not many people will want to participate without any sort of rewards or hats. Maybe we could tie UGC into this somehow?

2 Likes

They said that was planned with the release of the UGC to the community. So I have been told and seen in other posts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.