An updated microprofiler layout

Proposal

An updated design of the microprofiler, with a more ergonomic look and much-easier-to-read font would be amazing. I use it sometimes but only for monitoring lag spikes across different devices. I don’t use any of the other options because they’re too daunting because of the layout. I’d love a redesigned microprofiler so that new developers as well as old, will have an easier time debugging.

1 Like

As a user, how would you like to see it laid out?

1 Like

Sorry - This isn’t exactly helpful to staff atm, I’d recommend adding some stuff about exactly what you want changed.

1 Like

The same layout, just less gradient, and more of a less daunting ui. It looks quite outdated too. Maybe having the same UI style as the Dev console would be a nice idea. I cant exactly remodel it the way I want as I don’t have enough time.

I don’t feel this is necessary. The point of the microprofiler is to provide useful debug info, and it does so perfectly. I don’t think there is much of a need to spruce it up because it’s really just there to be functional. Of course it would be nice to have the design changed a bit later on but I don’t feel that should be a focus away from the many other things they could be working on.

The Dev console serves the same purposes and that was revamped.

Fair enough, the Dev console is a bit more important but I guess the microprofiler could do for a bit of a nicer look. Shouldn’t be that hard to do, anyways.

If you think the microprofiler is clunky just wait till you see how it works on mobile :eyes:

2 Likes