Analytics Home: View Avatar Item Analytics and Monitor Experiences Across Groups and Your Account

So glad to finally see this go live!

Analytics team continues to be the gold standard for what transparency and listening to community feedback should look like. Thank you for continually delivering helpful updates in response to the needs of the community!

6 Likes

Next time you make a change to the creator hub, please give some sort of notice. The documentation page was broken for around 45 minutes today.

3 Likes

With existing products you can change how an Experience is owned so that you aren’t limited by TeamCreate collaboration permissions anymore:

1. Create a Group and create role sets with the appropriate Analytics permission
  2. Add everyone who has TC only permissions to the right group and role set
  3. Ask the Experience owner to do an Experience Transfer to the Group create in (1)
    -Full rollout of Experience Transfer is still in-progress
3 Likes

Will you guys also be revamping the user Ad’s page? Currently it sents you to the old website to do the ads

3 Likes

Massive W that you can customize which games appear on the analytics homepage! The normal homepage is just filled with my old testing places with zero activity.

5 Likes

User ads will likely no longer be maintained beyond major bug patches as they are to be removed in early Q1 2024.

5 Likes

Very glad that I can view sales again, but I can’t seem to view lifetime sales for my clothing group, Super Salty Peanuts.

When I select the custom range, the earliest I can go is October 31st, 2022. However, I made the group on July 28th, 2021, and I have sales dating back to that year that aren’t accounted for by this range. Is this a bug or intentional?

The only suggestion I really have is a page simply there to view the lifetime sales of anything sold through my group and maybe the sales over 7 days, kind of like how you used to view them through the old create page. I’m really only concerned with the lifetime sales, as I need them for a feature in the group’s work-in-progress homestore. The graphs and custom date range are good and all, but I just want a more straightforward way to view sales

1 Like

Is anybody going to talk about the A.I. generated thumbnails?

1 Like

nah what, roblox is using ai thumbnails? bru

2 Likes

This is not a viable option for us, as we need the game to be owned by our automated account in order to buy models. Because of this, no one on the team is able to view any of the analytics which makes it hard to evaluate what we need to do.

Can we expect this to expand to team create in the near or far future?

3 Likes

This is a nice update!!

1 Like

I am so happy to finally see avatar item analytics!! I just have a couple of issues I’d hope to see addressed:

Earnings from reselling other creators’ items shows up in the analytics, which is fudging the numbers a bit. As someone that interacts with the Limited item economy quite a bit, this is an issue because this revenue does not correctly reflect the amount of Robux eligible for DevEx that I am earning.

It also seems that the 10% creator split from resales of Limited items that I created is not tracked in analytics. Seeing as in 2024, resale revenue will became a major part of every avatar item creator’s earnings, I would think that it’d be here. I would love to be able to see how much revenue I am earning from the resales of my items. Edit, I managed to make the items that resold appear after messing around with the page for a while. I still wish that there was a way to view resale commission earnings separate from other earnings.

1 Like

What about adding analytics for plugin sales?
It is currently very cumbersome to get the stats on plugin sales.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are investigating on how to better provide revenue breakdown like original sale vs resale and others. Stay tuned!

Hey -

Just so I understand, is this because you need models to be under the same account, and Groups cannot directly purchase models, or do you have other reasons?

Yes. Due to how model permissions work when inserting them into an experience via InsertService, we need the game to be owned by a roblox account (not a group) that can purchase and own models which hinders our ability to view analytics about the game due to the nature of TeamCreate experiences.

1 Like

This is super helpful insight, thanks. I’ll discuss internally with the team, there are 2 threads we’re working on internally that could help out here.

1 Like

How about group sales? Does it show UGC items uploaded from a group?

1 Like

Yes. You just need to switch your view in Creator Dashboard to the group and it should show sales for avatar items from the group

Still can’t see visit counts over a timescale or see accurate unique users. Please do something and fix your website and actually make good updates for once. I want to see how many visits we got in the past 7 days or 30 days, etc.