Analytics: Track funnel and economy events to grow your experience faster

Hi! Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours (or even a little longer in rare cases) for them to show up. Do you see them now? Feel free to dm me a link to your dashboard if you see don’t see the charts.

1 Like

Yeah it took actually 50 hours but I did end up seeing them! Thank you lol

2 Likes

I am curious, could you guys make something similar but for d1 retention, I would really love if we could make a easy thing where you can a/b test stuff in game but like also track retention. I was planning on doing this in house but would be nice if roblox could do it too. Like for example music a on average has 20% retention while music b has 19% and we can see this.

This is honestly one of the best updates to analytics! It’s very comfortable that we have official support for this and no longer need to rely on 3rd party services. It’s good to see such a powerful tool be implemented. :slight_smile:

While I was browsing the AnalyticsService API docs I noticed there are methods not mentioned anywhere in this post or on the forums:

• LogProgressionEvent
  • LogProgressionStartEvent
  • LogProgressionCompleteEvent
  • LogProgressionFailEvent

There is little to no information on how these methods work or their limits. From what I understand, if fired it will log the event, but it will not currently be displayed in any charts. Assuming that this is the case I would like to implement it. But I currently find it risky and a bit scary implementing this without fully knowing how it works and its limits, as we have no real way to reverse any mistakes made.

It would be nice if you could provide more info or updates to the docs to clarify how these methods work as well as their limits, thanks!

1 Like

I have used this feature in my game. And I got an non-players field in my dashboard. what does it mean? And more, the data with the players field is unexpected, the value should below 10k. And the data changed a lot in Aug 6th, although we didn’t make any changes.

my code is:

AnalyticsService:LogEconomyEvent(
		self.player,
		Enum.AnalyticsEconomyFlowType.Sink,
		coinType,
		spent,
		coin,
		transType,
		itemSku
	)

AnalyticsService:LogEconomyEvent(
		self.player,
		Enum.AnalyticsEconomyFlowType.Source,
		coinType,
		value,
		coin,
		transType,
		itemSku
	)

Hi! Glad that you like what we have so far! We currently don’t have plans set in place for those methods right now so I wouldn’t instrument them. Will keep yall updated if we do have any news coming up for those tho!

1 Like

Hi! Payer vs non-payer is determined by if a player has spent any robux in the experience. As for the data discrepancy keep in mind that this is average wallet balance across all users that have spent events. So if you have one user e.g. a dev with a very high wallet balance it can skew the entire chart :eyes:

Thanks for your reply, it’s really helpful. I still have a few questions:

1. Does the “Total” mean all players no matter if they had spent robux?
  2. Does the “Player” mean only those who spent in this experience or spent in all other roblox games?

And one small suggestion: Make the definition of “Players” and “Non-Players” clearly in the “Economy Event” document.

Finally, this feature is very useful to us! Good job!

Thanks for the feedback! Will look into updating our documentation. In the meantime:

1. Yup total is the average of all users regardless of their payer status.
  2. Payer only includes those that have spent robux in your experience specifically.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hello
Is there a way to see the breakdown percentages for each custom field value?
For example my funnel was started for 1000 players and my custom field has 10 different values.
I would like to see
value1 - 18% of the players
value2 - 23% of the players
etc.

I know that I can filter by each value one by one, but I would like to see the breakdown.

Thanks in advance

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! We have been exploring options surrounding breakdowns but no concrete plans right now :crying_cat_face: Using filters might be the best option for now. Just be aware that a player can be counted in multiple breakdowns e.g. if they have sent onboarding events on both phone and computer.

May be I misunderstood something, but the docs state that:
“To avoid double-counting funnels, filters always only apply to the first step of the funnel. This means that if a player switches devices during the funnel, the funnel will only be attributed to their device at the time they enter the funnel.”

so I got the impression that the device and all the custom fields value are recorded only on the initial step of the funnel?

Ah yes sorry bad example. This is more of an issue if you have recurring funnels (e.g. if you send two step 1 events with different session ids on different platforms then technically you would have a funnel flow in both platforms). But yes they are recorded only on the initial step

I’d like to bump the issue of not being able to wipe the collected analytics. It’s extremely useful especially at the beginning, because when implementing this in an existing game it’s very easy to overlook a single parameter, essentially making the data gathered before fixing incorrect.

2 Likes

What happens if you use more than the allotted limits for let’s say, eventNames for custom events? Do they get their own “Other” category?

Yup! We’re aware of this need and still exploring options. Will keep yall updated.

For critical dimensions like currency, funnel_name, and event_name, they will be dropped. For things like custom fields they will be grouped into “Other”. The ones that will be grouped are marked here: Event Types | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Just got into trying to implement custom events, and done something untested and uploaded a TON of event names that are table addresses… Which ended up taking all 100 slots for the custom event names, is there any possible way to delete/remove them from the dash, or will I have to figure out how to salvage it with the names?

The documentation for LogOnboardingFunnelStepEvent isn’t very clear. Does this only log events for a player if it’s their first time in the game or if it’s the first time they’ve been logged in the funnel? If a player rejoins, I assume calling it again won’t log the event/make any web requests?

Hi! All successful calls will be fired and logged. However we will dedupe the events so even if you log an onboarding step after the player has finished it before we won’t double count it.