Analytics: Track funnel and economy events to grow your experience faster

It can take up to ~24 hours for the data to populate. It’s not immediate like error telemetry is. While having faster populate times (e.g. 5 minutes) would be a lot more convenient, we have to remember this is a “free” (paid for by our revenue taxes) service being provided by Roblox’s infra for all developers. Understandably there’s going to be slower processing times due to the sheer volume of people utilizing the service.

It’d be cool if we could pay a subscription (e.g. $5 - $10 a month or something) to be put into a higher priority processing queue for faster results.

14 Likes

Ah okay I see, thank you, will check back in around a day and see what the results are :).

13 Likes

You can click the “View Events” button to verify that the events are coming through, but the funnels won’t start showing up immediately.

15 Likes

Yep we noticed this, just wanted an estimate to how long it may take for funnels to start showing up, so we weren’t sitting on the screen for hours haha

12 Likes

Regarding this, how are we able to include player’s current balances?

What measures are in place to ensure success of events being recorded? Is this something we may have to implement ourselves (e.g. a pcall with retrying logic)?

11 Likes

This is FANTASTIC. Thank you so much. No longer having to rely on external services is huge. You guys are working wonders lately - we appreciate it.

14 Likes

I’m pretty sure their current wallet balance is just worked out as an average of information sent from source/sink events, with each report you have to send in their ending wallet balance as well.

12 Likes

back to back huge updates :pray: keep it up

10 Likes

Should calls to methods in AnalyticsService (e.g. LogEconomyEvent) be wrapped in pcalls?

9 Likes

We want to support custom events next :slight_smile: I still encourage you to set up your funnels (especially onboarding) + economy events now.

10 Likes

Thank you! We are doing some thinking on how to best let players give creators useful qualitative feedback after a like or dislike.

11 Likes

Do I need to wrap each call in a pcall or are each log calls asynchronous?

8 Likes

Hi-quick question: Are these new APIs fallible?

7 Likes

In regards to the certain type limits (transaction types, item skus, etc) I understand that when more than - say 100 item SKUs are made, the others are grouped as “Other,” however I guess I’m confused by the word limit. Is it a “after you have 100 items you cannot log any more?” or a “the top 100 item SKUs are shown”

This is all really interesting and we’re hard at immediately incorporating it into projects

8 Likes

I’ve been beta testing funnels in my game for the past week and already have a ton of useful insights (tracking various course completion rates to help with balancing difficulty). Super awesome to see a public launch so everyone can use these powerful tools!

Shout out as always to Peter and the amazing analytics team!

9 Likes

Another question-are these events logged in Studio?

7 Likes

You should not need to wrap in a pcall. Events are internally buffered, but if an event is rejected, due to rate limits, failed validation, or any other reason, we will log an error message but do not throw.

13 Likes

No - this is to prevent development inside Studio from messing up your data :ghost: But you’ll be able to see some validation errors inside studio if your events are incorrectly configured

8 Likes

I see that there are limits for the maximum number of ‘types’ of events, once a currency/transaction type is created, is there any way to delete it / remove it from analytics transaction logging or will it contribute to the limit permanently?

8 Likes

The latter, say you have item1, item2, …, item199, item200, and items sales are, respectively, 200, 199, …, 2, 1. In your charts you’d see item1 - item100 and then item101 - item200 would be combined into a single “Other” item. This is a tradeoff to ensure overall accuracy but reduces compute overhead.

For everywhere we bucket into “Other”, the ordering is by the sum of currency amounts.

9 Likes