Analytics: Track funnel and economy events to grow your experience faster

I’m not sure these validation errors are being outputted in Studio. I just implemented this into my game and tested it in Studio with no output.
I then tested it in-game, and got an error: AnalyticsService: event field amount < 0 is invalid.

8 Likes

That behavior is incredibly helpful for this stuff. Thanks!

8 Likes

Is there any way we can determine when this occurs? Our current analytics system pcalls these events as we always want to have an accurate currency count as currency in our experience could translate to real server costs (some items that players can buy can translate to http-server requests). I understand that this is a niche use-case, but I still can’t personally seamlessly move over to AnalyticsService unless an event was added for when this occurs.

9 Likes

Amazing, could there be a quantity parameter for the LogEconomyEvent method? Because let’s say I have a chest and a feature that allows the player to choose how many chests he wants to buy at once. I know that this doesn’t affect the statistics a lot but it would be nice to see exactly how many chests were purchased because now the total amount of transactions with the same itemSku won’t show the amount of chests bought. I hope it makes sense. Otherwise, an amazing update!

8 Likes

How long does it usually take to show the graphs after registering some events?

8 Likes

The aggregation will make it so that the Top 100 will be shown and everything else goes to Other

9 Likes

Like other analytics pages we process the data at EOD

9 Likes

One of the best updates ever. Great job

9 Likes

This is an absolutely amazing update keep up the great work to everyone working on this! The new tracking features will be really helpful for my experiences.

9 Likes

what if this is used to track events that aren’t related to economy, like when a player performs a certain action that isn’t related

8 Likes

This is amazing! Thanks Roblox for adding so many useful features lately :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Amazing, I saw these 2 analytics come up time and time again in developer vids but could never find out how to do it.

6 Likes

This is extremely cool and a huge step in the right direction. I was hoping we could see something like this added, but didnt think it would be so early. API is simple too.

Two questions though:

• Can we track amount of items owned in the same way as currency?
  • Is there a way to log (for instance) which character/class gets picked the most? IE 40% choose Mage, 30% choose Archer and 30% choose Knight
4 Likes

You could just do the math yourself after logging them in. Example (42 archers / total picks). However, being able to see the values in % would be great too (if it’s not already done).

7 Likes

You sure can, though you’d only get so much granularity since there’s a max of 10 unique “currency” types (where in your case you’d be using some of them for item categories) per the limitations.

4 Likes

If I may, I think a good idea is to include an API where we can keep track of there actions via a service/API.

When the like/dislike is recorded via player, we can check in our game’s dashboard to see the actions leading up to it. Also, error reports would be great as well to include, just in case they ran into any bugs that may make the game look bad.

4 Likes

Are funnel events tracked differently in every place within an expierence or are they tracked globally?

4 Likes

The engine documentation state that repeat funnel step calls will be ignored, but will they count towards the API limits?

5 Likes

I also planed to evolve such a feature but with that update it could be easier, when devs use this will roblox staff be able to see this data too?

4 Likes

For the customFields parameter, are we able to use our own index names or are we only limited to Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys names? I saw the documentation of it and I just want to be sure

5 Likes