Analytics: Track funnel and economy events to grow your experience faster

This is a bug on our end, as your servers update to the latest version this should go away.

1 Like

Unfortunately it would. We are exploring more ways to pre-aggregate events and/or increase the rate limit, but an option for now is to build a duplication check before sending the events.

1 Like

Hi! We have plans for custom events where you can track independent events like those! Stayed tuned :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Quick question about funnels/onboarding:

So in the game, I placed a table of fields for just steps 8-12: The rest do not contain these fields since players are not expected to have those completed.

local CheckList = {
    [Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys.CustomField01.Name] = "Crafted",
    [Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys.CustomField02.Name] = "Built",
    [Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys.CustomField03.Name] = "Died"
}

However, they are not found here…? Did I do something wrong?

Hi! Custom fields need to be attached to the first funnel step. Funnel Events | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Do you mind providing a bit more detail on your use-case? E.g. if the user only gets these values after progressing to step 8 then a possibility is to use a new funnel just for users that have progressed to that step.

Thank you for the response! I will then do this.

There is no specific use-case for me doing this, is just that I thought the Analytics would auto consider that the other steps do not contain those fields and only display the ones that had them. In this case I expected to choose for example “Built” and see who after Step 8 actually built something.

If I send an empty table to the steps below 8, and then send non-empty table after step 8 be ok?

I also have the same Issue and it doesnt appear to be going away…

Sounds good!

If I send an empty table to the steps below 8, and then send non-empty table after step 8 be ok?

I’m assuming you mean that you will set up two funnels:

• Funnel A has your current steps 1 -7 with no custom fields.
  • Funnel B will have steps 1-4 (effectively the current step 8-12), which will contain the custom fields.

This should work! Just keep in mind that the custom fields will only take effect on step 1 so make sure you attach them when you send step 1 of Funnel B.

Sorry, I misinterpreted the use of Custom Fields, now I understand why the first step is considered.

I was using it thinking it was going to let me filter out the players who crafted, built, or died.

I need some fields to filter players at specific steps. For instance, before reaching step 8 of onboarding, how many players crafted something in the game? By clicking on it, the graph should automatically adjust to show the count of players who actually crafted/built something. This way, I can see if the players who craft are also the ones willing to do the following steps.

I could also track if they were with a friend around before reaching that step.

So, a way to add more filters would be nice. Not referring to one-time fields like the current ones.

If I click the field like “Crafted” it would show all the players who Crafted, and will show the step at which “Crafted” was reported.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Hi! All servers are now running the latest version and this issue should be fixed. Please let us know if you’re still seeing this! :penguin:

1 Like

Is the request limit per server or experience wide?

Also if you change the value in the dictionary of the custom field parameter, what happens? For example changing

{
	[Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys.CustomField01.Name] = "Armory"
}

to

{
	[Enum.AnalyticsCustomFieldKeys.CustomField01.Name] = "Shop - Armory"
}

The limit is per server instance.

Changing the value just means you will be sending new events with custom field 1 as Shop - Armory. I.e. any new events after the change will take on this value, and you will be able to filter by this new value. Old evens will still have the old value as Armory and you will be able to filter by that. Since cardinality limits are calculated daily the old value will not count into your limit once you stop sending them.

So its been like 12 hours and I still don’t see the charts. Hmm…

Hi! Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours (or even a little longer in rare cases) for them to show up. Do you see them now? Feel free to dm me a link to your dashboard if you see don’t see the charts.

1 Like

Yeah it took actually 50 hours but I did end up seeing them! Thank you lol

2 Likes

I am curious, could you guys make something similar but for d1 retention, I would really love if we could make a easy thing where you can a/b test stuff in game but like also track retention. I was planning on doing this in house but would be nice if roblox could do it too. Like for example music a on average has 20% retention while music b has 19% and we can see this.

This is honestly one of the best updates to analytics! It’s very comfortable that we have official support for this and no longer need to rely on 3rd party services. It’s good to see such a powerful tool be implemented. :slight_smile:

While I was browsing the AnalyticsService API docs I noticed there are methods not mentioned anywhere in this post or on the forums:

• LogProgressionEvent
  • LogProgressionStartEvent
  • LogProgressionCompleteEvent
  • LogProgressionFailEvent

There is little to no information on how these methods work or their limits. From what I understand, if fired it will log the event, but it will not currently be displayed in any charts. Assuming that this is the case I would like to implement it. But I currently find it risky and a bit scary implementing this without fully knowing how it works and its limits, as we have no real way to reverse any mistakes made.

It would be nice if you could provide more info or updates to the docs to clarify how these methods work as well as their limits, thanks!

1 Like

I have used this feature in my game. And I got an non-players field in my dashboard. what does it mean? And more, the data with the players field is unexpected, the value should below 10k. And the data changed a lot in Aug 6th, although we didn’t make any changes.

my code is:

AnalyticsService:LogEconomyEvent(
		self.player,
		Enum.AnalyticsEconomyFlowType.Sink,
		coinType,
		spent,
		coin,
		transType,
		itemSku
	)

AnalyticsService:LogEconomyEvent(
		self.player,
		Enum.AnalyticsEconomyFlowType.Source,
		coinType,
		value,
		coin,
		transType,
		itemSku
	)

Hi! Glad that you like what we have so far! We currently don’t have plans set in place for those methods right now so I wouldn’t instrument them. Will keep yall updated if we do have any news coming up for those tho!

1 Like

Hi! Payer vs non-payer is determined by if a player has spent any robux in the experience. As for the data discrepancy keep in mind that this is average wallet balance across all users that have spent events. So if you have one user e.g. a dev with a very high wallet balance it can skew the entire chart :eyes: