Animate your Avatar with your movement

I have had an android phone since the Geeksphone Blackphone (2011) so I only know that layout, so definitely could not work with a gestures Roblox update

5 Likes

Is this feature for the whole avatar or only for the head? If its for the whole avatar could someone please show a small video of it working?

4 Likes

I don’t think Players would be able to animate their whole avatars unless they’re on Studio. By logic, this would be for heads.

6 Likes

Don’t know, the title says animate your “avatar” with your movement but I only see heads being animated

4 Likes

Might just be another misunderstanding on how Roblox phrases things.

6 Likes

We’re confused. Let me clear things up.

It’s actually called “Animation Capture - Body”. This one utilizes the “Animation Capture - Face”.

7 Likes

Can we please get a dislike button on this site? I only ask because of this feature. I don’t feel like it was necessary and I hate it.

6 Likes

Hello, i’ve been seeing this error everytime i try to turn on the in game facial animation camera and i haven’t been able to use it ever since it came out.
I’ve tested with lots of avatars too, is there a solution to this am i doing anything wrong? (my webcam works by the way)
oh also i can use the face animator for the animation editor just fine on studio.

8 Likes

You’re gonna have to ask Discourse, there would be a lot of uses for that

4 Likes

Discourse does have a plugin for Forums that allows you to dislike posts, but Roblox probably won’t see a good reason to add it to the Forum.

6 Likes

This UI is just comically bad. But overall awesome update :smile:

9 Likes

Almost a week after this now, I am still unable to see the “Use camera to animate your avatar with your movement” toggle. Any ideas of when I can expect to see this or why I don’t see it?

5 Likes

im still really angry about the roblox support not giving me this feature and tries to change subject by telling me about the feature in roblox studio and not in the actual roblox privacy setttings.

4 Likes

I regret to bother you, but are we going to receive a proper response on Roblox’s end about the off-saleing of old faces* and the jacking up of prices for new ones? The community has gotten nothing but a vague response about “expression” and “benchmarking” from your coworker SergeantBlocky. We would really appreciate it if the old faces were put back on sale and the new ones had a price that matched the original. Thank you.

10 Likes

I don’t have a problem with hats as they have not been taken offsale, but rather they have been converted to Accessory instances.

4 Likes

I think he simply made a typo, he probably meant heads

6 Likes

I think it should only be visible when the mouse is close to it. For example, when you move your mouse towards the middle of the screen, and your not pointing at a ScreenGui element, the voice chat controls would appear. When the opposite happens, it would disappear.

3 Likes

I think that this feature will be a great addition to the forms of communication available on Roblox. But as cool as this feature is, the in-experience UI is seriously lacking. It is very inconsistent with the rest of the Roblox UI, and looks unfinished and incomplete for what I expect to see from Roblox. I personally think that the color scheme of the UI should be consistent with the color scheme of the chat, new BubbleChat, and TopBar. The microphone and camera icon floating above the character’s head is very intrusive, distracting, and takes away from the actual experience.

The concept that @CSJeverything had created is honestly more what I expected to see in the actual feature, but I would prefer it to have a light-on-dark color scheme as it is consistent with the Chat and TopBar UI.

I don’t really see a reason why these controls couldn’t be consolidated into the TopBar. In my opinion, that seems like a better use of that space than the “BETA” button that is currently there.

This feedback may sound a little harsh but I have tried to keep my criticisms as constructive as possible. I really hope that Roblox engineers can take this feedback into consideration and I look forward to adding new forms of communication to my creations on Roblox.

8 Likes

I think that the dots in the privacy settings tab are very unclean. Someone may think that the dots are next to Roblox icon on the taskbar. Also, someone may think these dots are only visible in the settings tab.

Already exists:

My solution:

The solution is way much better. The user can understand that the dots are part of the in-game GUI.

4 Likes

Because there is no top bar.

Roblox removed it to make room for the game’s custom GUI to have more space. While this unlocks opportunities for developers to use 35 pixels of free Y space, it is not futureproof and prevents Roblox from adding more buttons to the top bar (to prevent interfering with other experiences).

2 Likes