Animation Completely Offset From Editor When Playing

The video I have attached is of me simply repeating the steps below, minus Step1 (makes absolutely no difference because it’s the same problem, but I already have a rig). I have sped up the video.

I am trying to make a rolling animation for the rigs in my game. While creating the rolling animation, the character would go COMPLETELY through the floor when playing the animation in real time. Meanwhile inside the animation editor the rig is perfectly aligned with the floor the entire time, never going below to the extent that the real time animation does.

So I went to simpler tests, trying something as simple as sitting. Once again, in the animation editor the rig is well aligned with the floor. But to no surprise, when playing back the animation in real time, all the characters that I’ve loaded and played the animation on went through the floor well below. I made the HumanoidRootPart visual to show how big the issue is.

Repeatability: 100%
Step1: Load any Skinned Avatar Rig (R16 ofcourse, will refer to it as Char)
Step2: Duplicate It for animating > (Will refer to it as AnimChar)
Step3: Animate the AnimChar to be sitting neatly on the ground, from beginning to the end
Step4: Make it loopable, set the priority to Action2 (or probably any action) and export (get the ID)
Step5: Via script, load the animation to the Char and play the animation
Step6: Run the game/play and watch with wonder as the Char will be well below the surface of the ground

System Information:
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7 - 1165G7 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Expected behavior

In a wonderful world without this infuriating glitch this is what SHOULD go right:

MY Current Repeatability: 0% (3/26/24 5:52PM EST)
Step1: Load any Skinned Avatar Rig (R16 ofcourse, will refer to it as Char)
Step2: Duplicate It for animating > (Will refer to it as AnimChar)
Step3: Animate the AnimChar to be sitting neatly on the ground, from beginning to the end
Step4: Make it loopable, set the priority to Action2 (or probably any action) and export (get the ID)
Step5: Via script, load the animation to the Char and play the animation
Step6: Run the game/play and see the Char sitting, as nothing out of the ordinary (it’s what you actually animated! :open_mouth: )

2 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thanks, abundant relief. No words can describe. !!!

Fixed it myself, atleast temporarily.

Respectfully I say this, but after many weeks of no help and barely any communication I finally found out a solution temporarily. So sad it took this long and doesn’t even fix the root cause of this, but for as long as I have been using R15 characters AutomaticScalingEnabled has caused problems for me.

Simply disabling this property in the Humanoid makes the animation work properly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.