Important changes for the Animation Clip Editor AnimSaves folder

Emotes have animation weight? I’ve been using emotes in my game and they collide and have issues. it seems like a issue on roblox half (Also these emotes are forced to stop and they continue) the whole emote thing is just weird itself why are they like 2 different category nothing is making sense anymore on roblox

5 Likes

All animations have weight. If you have more than 1 animation on core priority it will blend the others by average on default. Roblox puts all of its animations including emotes on Core.

Just adapt

7 Likes

So I’d have to convert them all to have 0 weight? that seems unnecessary these animations should just work how they should work. They play and they stop. this feature should only be used by devs who wanna use it

4 Likes

This update has nothing to do with your problem. Just use a priority above core. Its that simple.

4 Likes

seems it affects to hands of Characters when want both arms to move, one of both that will lose accuracy, hard to make it better and edit, can you add a button on Setting Studio can be toggle between using Old/New Animation Editor for easy use(Like “Use2022Material” on MaterialService)?

1 Like

seems this new animator editor make hard to create a new aniamtion like move many part of body, it’s not perfect like last version, can you add a button on Setting Studio can be toggle between using Old/New Animation Editor for easy use(Like “Use2022Material” on MaterialService) pls, this is so hard to use?

2 Likes

I agree. This is so hard to work with for me.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for your report.

Your description is not very clear, but we currently have a known bug about draggers not working properly and we are looking into it.

Is your issue similar to the one posted here? If so, I posted a workaround in the thread.

If not, please provide more details about the problems you are encountering.

2 Likes

just use between the old Animation Editor and the new Animation Editor by users choose to use and edit, make new animations. I mean wanted to add a button on Studio Setting to change the use between the old Animator Editor and new Animator Editor like using “Use2022Material” on MaterialService. This new Animation Editor is quite annoying and hard to use, it’s also consuming time too, I suggest adding more button that toggle to use between the old Animation Editor and the new Animation Editor.

2 Likes

I personally do not like those changes but seems like most people agree with this so ig imma just assume my workflow isn’t correct

1 Like

Welcome to Roblox, CEO of bad updates. Literally didn’t hear about this until a client said that the animsaves character I gave them had 0 animations and now I have to remake them because I’m not a narcassist that keeps the RBXL files for no reason.

2 Likes

Can I opt out? I really hate this so much

3 Likes

We need fix for this, or at least a configuration option inside editor.
I cannot load my animations on Animation Editor.

Where can I open that menu that asks if I want to migrate or keep legacy?
I really need this asap

2 Likes

Bump, what has been going ON with the animation editor? .-. Why is no one still talking about the problems anymore, is everyone else just going on their merry way? Does no one else have problems still? Things like these makes me want to quit developing completely. So many stupid infuriating problems that are seemingly inadequate in importance and care of anyone else to be fixed.

The animation editor was FINE. Is there any way to get other versions?

And excuse my ranting but it’s just my inevitable voicing of frustrations, just the same as these unnecessary and irreversible updates constantly are, and I am wanting answers that I’m just not getting.

1 Like

If you have a older version of studio from before this update you could maybe replace the Animation Editor from your current studio with the old one in BuiltInPlugins

2 Likes

Hi there,

Sorry I must have missed your post explaining the issues you are seeing. Can you link it here?

Cheers!

3 Likes

Sorry for the late late reply, the notifications here are easy to miss (at-least for me).

This is the post that I made which shows me having problems with the animation editor/result.

I don’t want to be spammy, but just to notify that there are already 2 other staff that informed me about acknowledgement, but this issue is severely cutting into my development time.

2 Likes

before rolling this out at least test it with beta two of my animsaves folder just got disappeared and i can’t do nothing about it

3 Likes

Interesting update.

On the plus side, it increase performance by hand-holding developers (Despite being asked to stop doing so every single time a handholdy update comes out.)

On the down side, it makes it 10x harder to transfer animsaves from one game or account to another. It has broken most, if not all, animation plugins. And has just up and deleted pre-existing animations that hadn’t been published to Roblox.

Recently it’s been bad update after bad update. Maybe start putting more resources into adding features developers have been requesting for years, rather than kicking the ladder from under us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.