Animation Doesn't Affect Tool Outside of the Animation Editor

In a new horror solo project of mine, I created a simple animation where the player hits a flashlight in their hand to turn it on and off and it looks great in the animation editor. My issue comes when it plays in game. The arms move correctly, but the tool isn’t affected. Keep in mind, I’m not shifting the handle, but instead the mesh connected to the handle with a motor6d constraint. One thing to keep note of is the fact that the mesh keyframes aren’t shown in the editor and whenever I try to add the mesh as a row, it just removes it from the list of parts to add and doesn’t actually add it. I’ve had many animation issues in the past and it is starting to really affect my attitude as a whole while creating them. A screenshot below shows my tool setup.
Screenshot 2024-07-01 002543
I have tried several different tests, looking at values, but nothing changes on the tool’s part. If someone knows how to resolve this issue, please comment below any suggestions you believe can help, anything and everything is a help!

If you are animate the mesh connecting to the handle and the handle is not animated in the editor, the handle will keep the mesh in place. I recommended using this guide for animating tools properly.

Thank you for the feedback, I found out the reason though through hours of trial and error. I didn’t know at the time, but in order to animate an object, the base it is connected to needs a motor6d constraint, otherwise the keyframes can’t animate the designated part outside of the editor (and are invisible in the editor).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.