Animation Editor clears clipboard

Hey there!

The animation editor will clear the clipboard when any of the following happen:

• When the window says to “Select a rig to animate,” and you proceed to animate.
  • When you Import/Export

I found this by trying to copy an animation ID from a rig before editing to avoid searching through the import window, but using both Right Click+Paste and CTRL+V just resulted in “” being pasted. This also reproduces to other windows, so it’s not just Studio not accepting a paste.

This has been an issue for some time now, but I’m just now inquiring about it due to how many problems it’s causing.

15 Likes

This is still an ongoing problem, I don’t know why it hasn’t gotten much attention.

5 Likes

Bumping this because it’s becoming exponentially more frustrating. When leading a team of animators, importing/exporting via IDs is a hassle. Instead of simply copying and pasting, we have to have a notepad/text editor as a side window to copy and paste from. This really slows down the process and should be addressed.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too for a really long time. If I copy an ID from somewhere, open the editor, and try to paste it in the Import screen I have to go copy it again because it clears the clipboard. Pretty annoying

1 Like

So I wasn’t actually going crazy. This has been frustrating me thinking my keyboard was refusing to copy for ages!

1 Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but a Staff Member from another topic similar to this did manage to explain the reasons behind why the clipboard does clear out for this behavior:

"Unfortunately, this is the result of rather limited access to the application clipboard that plugins have in studio, as well as not having an official way to hook into paste events."

That was during June 20th, 2020 though; and I’m pretty sure they just forgot the issue at hand from that point on

Still would like this to support this though, and hope for any sort of feedback from the Staff Team that they’ll keep in mind this as I’ve started to recently encounter it as well

The only workaround is to use some external clipboard, or (If you’re on Windows) Windows Key + V to access the built-in clipboard from there

Hello, this is still an issue. Staff, is there any intent to fix this by Q2 or Q3?

1 Like

This is in fact still an issue and increasingly annoying.
I don’t like necroing threads however this does need to get fixed at some point.

1 Like

This is a very small but annoying issue. I hope is gets fixed sometime.

Hey everyone, this is a dupe, you can follow progress here Animation Editor inserting blank text to the clipboard

1 Like