Animation editor closing when sellecting a tool

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. This issue was caused by the Material Service beta which you can disable as a temporary fix. We are working on a permanent fix now which should be available next week.

4 Likes

The fix is now live! Please let me know if you still have any issues.

5 Likes

Everything is now working fine

Sorry for opening this up again but you guys did not solve this issue, or it’s happening again

4 Likes

grrrrrr it dont work 4 me 2 im so dsad

Hey so I don’t quite know if this will work for you but what I ended up doing was absolutely spamming my R key and it eventually fixed itself. Another thing that could have been the issue is the fact that roblox’s avatar importer / rig builder is kinda broken and doesn’t really build rigs properly. Try using a toolbox rig or moon animator instead. Let me know if this works!

I had this problem before, but when roblox auto updated it was fixed.

Who’s horse is that? also yeah same error

moon animator is too complicated for me

Hey there, I’ve encountered this exact issue and wanted to let you know. (It’s happening to my friend too.)
Edit: It only happens when team create is enabled, either with someone in or not.

2 Likes

I am also having this problem right now. I did manage to change tools accidentally from rotate to move, but I don’t know how it happened.
Unlike sercan, for me it is a problem even with team create disabled.

1 Like

still didn’t fix for me and it’s over a year later

Something that worked for me:

In short: Press R to switch between Rotate and Move.

Hope it helps :smiley:

This still doesn’t feel very good and I need to get used to it. I would much rather b able to change tools via ctrl+2 / ctrl+4 as I would do it anywhere else in studio. I certainly did in the animation editor as well.

This is also happening to me, but R only works sometimes after I perform an operation after accidentally pressing the move/rotate button again. Hope this gets fixed lol

still buggyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem over and over aigan, please help!!!

It works in some places, but 95% of the time it doesn’t work. Too used to ctrl + 2/4 to switch, it is very infuriating. Please fix it , it has been nearly 2 years and it has still not been taken care of.

2 Likes

Still experiencing this issue!

1 Like

experiencing this issue myself even though it’s my first time in years touching animator again

1 Like

same issue, it is so infuriating

1 Like