Animation Editor has moved out of Beta again

Copy/pasting between animations should now be live. Please note this only works for the same rig.

@Headstackk
@Archeonia
@Gimchi578
@KyotoXI

5 Likes

Thank you so much for it! :heart:

1 Like

Every single time I import an animation, the frame rate gets reset and reduced from what it was when I exported the animation and if I increase the frame rate back up to what it was when I exported it, then the whole animation gets sped up and I have to realign the keyframes manually to get the same speed it was before I imported it. I have to do this every single time. This is very unnecessary in my opinion and Iā€™m not a fan of it being frames per second instead of just seconds and milliseconds like it was before.

1 Like

Hmm, are you importing an old animation (from before this new animation editor update), or is this an animation you created in this new editor?

If you didnā€™t notice, I unlocked the IK API (which was previously Roblox-only) as part of the Lua Draggers Beta, so community animation plugins should now be able to include the same IK functionality as the official ones.

1 Like

It happens to all animations I create with the new editor. It simply does not save my frame rate preferences. Iā€™ve also found out that the easing directions are opposites of whatā€™s being played in the animation editor to whatā€™s being played in-game.

I still do use the animation editor though. Because other than that, itā€™s pretty good.

1 Like

Okay, and if you animated this in the new editor, Iā€™m assuming you animated at the default FPS (30) when you first made it? Or did you change to something custom first?

Just so you all know, thereā€™s some shortcuts for navigating the timeline easier, these are also documented on the devhub but just to spread the word:

• Ctrl + Mouse Wheel in timeline: Zoom in/out
  • Hold Middle Mouse + Drag in timeline: Pan left/right

Love the new editor! :wink:

1 Like

I tend to use 50 fps, but never the default 30 fps, no. (used to use 100 fps but it was too difficult to snap to the key frames with that kinda increment when I wasnā€™t zoomed all the way in).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.