Animations Available in the Toolbox

Hello developers!

We are excited to announce that you can now browse your published animations from the Toolbox, similar to the way you currently browse models, images, audio, meshes and plugins. This new feature allows animation assets to be available in the Inventory, Recent and Creations tabs, enabling one-click access to their IDs and URIs used in your animation scripts.

Just select “My Animations” or “Group Animations” in the Toolbox to view the list of available animations. You can scroll through the list or search for a specific animation the same way you currently do for models, images, etc. Once an animation is selected, just right click on it to access the drop down menu with several options including copying ID or URI to the clipboard!

317 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

This new Animation addition to have the ability to go through our past animation is literally saving my time lol. Thanks again for adding in this update, this will really help me get my animations that I made and groups that have made animations sooo much faster. It’s going to be less time consuming for me now as an animator to import certain past animations with an ID and such I made and others made in the past. Love seeing the new Animations updates, especially recently :joy: Keep it up!! Wooooo

33 Likes

Best addition to the toolbox in a long time. This will certainly help now that I don’t have to open the animation editor to get an animation ID.

19 Likes

This finally makes it much easier and quicker to get animations we have made in the past. A suggestion I have that I think could be another cool feature could be if people could have the option to make animations open source, much like models are in the toolbox, as I feel that could be a very useful tool in developing as well.

17 Likes

FINALLY, thank you. I can now get the id of my animations without having to publish them again. And to make them searchable? Now you’re just showing off!

7 Likes

Nice more free assets to yoink into ur game

7 Likes

best part is i can now search them by name. definitely needed this.

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting this for years! No longer do I have to look in my own inventory on my browser, I can just copy the asset id from the toolbox directly! One of the best features added today!

4 Likes

Thank you! That was really annoying to have to get an animation id from develop, considering its also pretty slow

Its actually for your animations, not other user made animations. They had this for a while but it was only on the develop page

2 Likes

Thank you! Now I don’t have to wait for my browser to open. This saves so much time!

4 Likes

I’m exceptionally glad to see this, but I don’t understand why developers cannot publicly upload animations to the toolbox. I think there would be great benefit in allowing users to do this rather than having them hire someone or learn how to do it from scratch.

7 Likes

Amazing - Totally a coincidence that I said to my mind literally yesterday as I was checking my toolbox for animations: Don’t worry, Roblox Studio is going to support animations in the toolbox in a couple of months or so. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thank you so much for this!

3 Likes

About time! got tired of going back and forth on my browser to get the ID’s , thank you

Great addition. Always had to go to create.roblox.com to find animations. Do you think we can expect to see animations come to the asset manager?

3 Likes

Lesss gooo!!! Finally!!! this was the update I’ve been waiting for all the eternity, thank you Roblox!

YES!! Ive been hoping for this for SO long!

Edit: I just realized this only shows your animations and does not allow people to publish their animations. :frowning:

Great! All that should to be done now is the ability to search animations in the toolbox!

It’s definitely about time! It took a while, but it’s finally here. Thank you!

5 Likes

After a long time, we finally got a Toolbox Update
This simple addition will change much for the better, Ty roblox! :smiley: