Animations broken

Hello everybody, sorry if this is not in the right category. I’m working on a game that involves guns right now, and I’ve made several grip animations for them.

However when I tested my game with my friend yesterday, I realized that almost all my grip animations were broken. It appeared fine on my screen, but on my friend’s screen, this is what the animation looked like:

Everything was fine before yesterday, so I’m not sure if Roblox changed their animation system or some other reason…

Note: I was tinkering around with Legacy Animation Editor yesterday, and I used it to create some poses for my thumbnail. I did import the grip animations to the editor, but I didn’t export and override the original save.

3 Likes

Wow that’s three posts in a row on a bug with equipping tool with animations, there’s one more linked to the post below. Seems to be getting more severe should be a good idea to start looking at an engine bug report.

What happens on equip for this scenario however? Is a new Motor6D being created? Any code bits for this you can show.

1 Like

Yeah sure, I’m adding a Motor6D to the Right Hand(Part0: RightHand, Part1: Handle)
Here is the code:

local chr = tool.Parent
local weld = chr.RightHand:WaitForChild("RightGrip")
weld:Destroy()
local prevMotor = chr.RightHand:FindFirstChild("Handle")
if prevMotor then
	prevMotor:Destroy()
end
motor = Instance.new("Motor6D",chr.RightHand)
motor.Name = "Handle"
motor.Part0 = chr.RightHand
motor.Part1 = tool.Handle

I tried tinkering with this script a little(even adding that if prevMotor code block just to double check for duplicates) , but nothing has worked.

Oh for this case, make sure the C0 and C1 of the newly created motor is the same as the one used in animation or else weird stuff will happen. I suggest the :Clone() method in order to gurantee the name and C0 and C1 property.

Yeah, but that hasn’t affected my animations before, and creating a new Motor6D worked. I don’t think it’s the offset that is the problem here, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

Also, this problem hasn’t occured before, so I’m not sure if its an internal issue or not.

Ok I’m stumped, definitely feels like an internal issue so try filing a bug report.

I just filed a bug report, hopefully it gets fixed soon. @dthecoolest Thank you for your help!

Hey! You can use this plugin to change grip. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, or if it solves anything, but I love the plugin! Credits @Maximum_ADHD for the plugin.

Note: Costs 5 robux, but for that small fee, it was worth it for me all day long

Yeah, I used something similar to that, but that’s not the problem. I think the problem lies within the Motor6Ds used during the animation.

1 Like

I can confirm that Roblox definitely changed something internally around 2-3 days ago. I have the same story, everything worked fine then all of a sudden this bug appeared. Also involves animations and humanoids.
Here is my issue

1 Like

Seems like we aren’t the only one with this issue…

We’ve added to a new “syncing” system for players to dance together perfectly in sync while noticing our tool animation’s stopped working, at first we were thinking it was a bug in our system. Shortly after me working on my own personal project I experienced the same issues and let the Dev Team know. This issue only affects the normal client on Windows as far as we know, it works absolutely fine on the Microsoft Store version and on Mobile, possibly XBOX aswell.

We’re hoping ROBLOX fixes this as soon as possible.

2 Likes