Animations Freeze After Playing/Stopping

Reproduction Steps
Happens in some/most R6 games, I checked my own game (Project Baki 2) and multiple others. Simply play an animation and wait for it to be stopped, and it will be frozen afterwards.

Happens for everyone, regardless of system. (Tested with over 5 different people, with vastly different systems.)

Bug Behavior
Replicates by simply playing/stopping an animation, gif below. If the animation is being played by the client then it won’t freeze for the client but still does for others. Happens with NPCs and Players.

The animation will completely freeze after playing, seeming to always overlap any animations that follow it.

https://gyazo.com/0d017ef82900adfe1257bebe35643418.mp4

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-07 00:10:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-07 00:10:00 (-05:00)

15 Likes

Finally someone made a report about it! It has been going on for a while now. Also i’d like to point out that it happens with R15 rigs too.

Happening to me, using custom rigs and r6

My custom animations all went back to their idle pose, and always a few seconds after they started animating. I have not had any problems after abandoning the animate script, and building my own.

Rewriting the animate script… That’s a tall order, I know.

I think I need to rewrite Animate… can it be salvaged? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

Happening to me as well. It works perfectly fine in Studio, but the animations just freeze completely at random

yes it’s happening to me too and in other games i’m in. it’s really annoying and looks so bad :sob:

https://gyazo.com/f4f1dba1403214c7fc211daa4466f83d

This is happening to me as well, it is quite annoying when you get up from an animated seat and then you are frozen.

Also - seems like when I get close sometimes they fix themselves temporarily. I attempted to SetNetworkOwner and that still didnt help

Again - works perfectly fine in Studio, which is quite strange

1 Like

it seems to be an issue with LoadAnimation() being deprecated on humanoids and animationcontrollers, are you sure you’re loading them to the animator instance?

Hello. We were not able to reproduce this issue. Does this issue still occurs on your side ?

Oh hey, i am not the original author of this post, it seems to have been a temporary thing since it was fixed after a day of it happening.

It seems to have been fixed on its own. The issue stopped occurring a day after this report was filed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.