Animations not loading in correctly

This is probably the fourth time Roblox has performed a bug similar to this (check my posts).

The animation does play, but the motor6d does not replicate correctly. It seems to have to do with client replication, as when I touch the other character it clicks back to normal.

general - Discord (gyazo.com)

I use an Animator, and call :LoadAnimation on the Animator.

I desperately need a fix to this because it has gone on for about two weeks with no visible repair. Please help!
-cooldeath49

8 Likes

I think it is time we send this to the Engine bugs category.

Members do not have access to the game bugs category.

If only we could post there… This bug has been going for basically three weeks, and I am not sure if Roblox has caught on.

I’m having the exact same problem. Has anybody found a solution yet?

Could you show me your Animation script, I may be able to help.

In a nutshell it is this.

--serverscript inside the tool, inside the character
local Motor6D = Instance.new("Motor6D", Torso)
Motor6D.Name = "BodyAttach6D"
Motor6D.Part0 = Torso
Motor6D.Part1 = Hold --Hold is declared and defined earlier to a part of the tool that the character uses

--localscript inside the tool, also inside character
local Animator = Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator") --humanoid is declared and defined 
local Animation = Animator:LoadAnimation(workspace.AnimSaves.Animation) --assume that the workspace reference is to an animation object

Do you use :LoadAnimation each time you want the animation played?

No; I declare a variable to the :LoadAnimation method at the beginning, and whenever I want to play it, in my code I write Animation:Play().

You can make a bug report and put it in the Bulletin Board category, then message a staff member asking to get it approved to the bug report category. I don’t know if this works anymore but you can give it a shot. Really hope this gets fixed.

2 Likes

you can’t submit a bug report as Member
it’s for Regular

Hi are you still facing this issue?
Could you send me a place file that I can reproduce it with if so? Thanks

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/f20f6cf9760bb79d4a412d3a8986203a
Yes :frowning:

Animationissue.rbxl (41.2 KB)

It works perfectly fine in studio, the problem happens when you’re in the actual game and it needs 2 players.

1 Like

Good news! I’ve identified the problem, if things go well this should be fixed within a few weeks. Thanks for your help!
~kleptonaut

5 Likes

Hello, i don’t know if you will see this but I am having the same issue.
Is there a way you can take a look at my studio?

Supposedly they’re releasing a fix this month or so, I guess just wait for a little bit.

That would be good lol my guns are in weird places until the animation loads

Are you still experiencing this issue now? I still am

Yes. They located the issue but I have zero idea when they are getting around to fixing it.
-cooldeath49

2 Likes

Darn its about to be a month now isnt it

2 Likes