Animator not animating the same way as it was yesterday

Hello, I work on a gun system on Roblox which can be viewed here:
https://www.roblox.com/games/14745996/Gun-Testing-Gun-Master

The issue I am facing is today the gun animations are acting odd. As a user shoots, the guns’ animatable pieces sometimes move away from each-other in odd directions (for example the magazine might start floating away, without there being any animation that should make that happen).

It appears to happen when either an animation ends, or another one starts.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the CDN that delivers the animation data or the animation system itself, but something is definitely wrong. I don’t believe the issue is on my end, as the game hasn’t been published in nearly 5 days, and this wasn’t an issue until a few hours ago.

11 Likes

Am experiencing the same issue in all of my games. No updates to gun animations recently.

Yeah, happening to my game aswell.

I’m experiencing the same issue, but on a much worse scale.

Below is what’s happening now

And this is what was originally happening yesterday.

2 Likes

Has been happening to me too.

1 Like

Is this still happening to anyone else? We’re still getting reports of the issue since the Roblox update yesterday.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hi, the animator seems to also have some issues when the player doesn’t directly look to the animate-able object/humanoid; and just simply lags weird despite having 60FPS.

This issue seems to persist in multiple games and not just mine, here’s another example.

We first noticed this 3 days ago when people started reporting viewports lagging on mobile (sometimes on pc) as this is not really big of an issue we thought we could fix this but after that players started noticing animations lagging when not properly looked at, this is major issue for our game because it’s mostly about dancing and vibing with your friends with dances.

I have the same issue. Please fix this ASAP as my game heavily relies on animations.

Experiencing this exact bug as well, I really hope it gets fixed really soon as it’s super intrusive and ruins immersion. I replied to the thread below with my experiences:

I don’t have any reproduction steps of this bug. To me, it seems to happen at random but it is very common, after being in game for awhile it seems to happen.

1 Like