Announcing DragDetectors!

🥳🥳🥳 yeeee🎉🎉🎉

Dragdettectors are out now

I will tomorrow make my dragdettectors world public

@PrinceTybalt what are the towers in test world 2 for

5 Likes

DragDetector doesn’t work in my Roblox Studio right now (it works with public Roblox), is it the same for you all? Do I need to do anything? I can’t test it in Roblox Studio, so I’m testing it publicly.

5 Likes

Woah I like that
That’s really cool system that you made (when Drag detector was a beta ver!)
Keep up the good work :>

6 Likes

This is a very amazing update. These types of updates should be more frequent.

5 Likes

Hasn’t this existed for months? What happened?

4 Likes

It was released a while ago in beta (as are most new features) to allow them to address some crucial bugs and gather feedback prior to it’s official release. This is it’s official release announcement and you can find the beta release announcement here. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

They’re for teleporting around the map; you should be able to click on them

4 Likes

Is there any way in the drag detector to set a ‘snap’ to the movement.
Such as you start dragging an object, but the object only moves once the drag has gone 1 stud, so it snaps.

I think this would be really helpful if it was a built in thing. Snap to rotation would also be nice.

4 Likes

Bruh. This would have saved me so much time. I literally found a Grab System that I had issues with getting set up. But now it will be 10x easier.

3 Likes

Does this run faster than a custom dragging script?
I have my own object dragging script that is fairly optimized, and I want to know if I should use this new feature instead. I want my game to be as optimized as possible.

3 Likes

I don’t know why but, when i put copy of draggable part from game or toolbox, it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I like how this is basically a reference to someone talking about the lumber tycoon dragging thing in the beta post.

Anyways, glad to see that this has released! This will be very fun to experiment with.

3 Likes

I found that the client script got Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist and it says ‘Member “Blacklist” is deprecated’
изображение
I guess its what is not letting me to pickup that part???
I also tried changing to to .exclude and .include but it didn’t help
Edit: i checked Lift And Carry - Roblox in studio and it doesn’t work too, im now sure that it doesn’t work outside of demo game.

3 Likes

@PeZsmistic thanks for posting this. I probably won’t fold this into the posted example, to keep it isolated and simple. It will be better if we just fix the bug you found so that people don’t have to work around it. We’re going to get on that as quickly as we can.

I’m curious about this comment.
“-- Release the ownership here so there’s no funny delays if you’re yeeting stuff”
Can you explain the problem you’ve solved and how/why it works?

5 Likes

@hschu_hschu That’s great! I love the bit with the digital clock in perspective starting at 0:35 (even though that part has nothing to do with Dragging. :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

@Sho_Takahashi That’s very strange. Maybe try uninstalling and re-installing Studio?
Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Do you still see DragDetectors listed in the available betas? It should have been removed from that list and you should be able to add a DragDetector with the + button in the Explorer

4 Likes

@0Tenth Exactly. I got tired of running around from demo to demo so I started sticking these radio towers everywhere with a ClickDetector and a little script. Click them and your character teleports to that location.

2 Likes

Im experiencing this problem, i can add dragdetector with + button in explorer.

2 Likes

This is way better than the custom one I made a couple of months ago!

Definitely gonna use these for future projects!

2 Likes

SICK UPDATE, Can’t wait for more updates such as this!!

2 Likes