Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

This pretty much sums up the limited UGC market at the moment. Effortless, gold and borderline confusing regarding if it even adheres to the standards.

3 Likes

My prediction is these will not hold value. The market is getting spammed with hundreds of these, it’s going to become extremely over saturated.

2 Likes

how this got approved should be a statistical impossibility

3 Likes

accidentally uploaded my ugc hat as a limited because the box to make it a limited was already checked when i uploaded my item last night (and had no idea), woke up to put them on sale and thought price floors were raised, like why is the box already marked? it should be manual

4 Likes

Your Edit including the Comment is completely unnecessary, What link has said is completely valid. and his points are very strong.

1 Like

Regardless of opinion on this announcement, there is a critical error that must be addressed for developers. We are unable to prompt the purchase of limited UGC items in-experience.
That makes the following feature from the post impossible for us developers to access:

Relevant DevForum report:

3 Likes

Yeah rip
Legit an item called “Wall” that’s just a brick wall sitting on the marketplace front page for 4 kilorobux

4 Likes

whats the formula for the upfront payment?

The criticism to this is awful in my opinion yes there are some awful items however I’m seeing some great hats and items. I just think people are exaggerating the effects it may have on any limiteds they own.
But we heard that all before with the ugc launch and no limited I can think of to this day 4 years later has had its value permanently damaged. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There’s already fake copies of existing limiteds, lol. 3k?? Why are a lot of them so overpriced. can’t wait to see where this goes.

5 Likes

Like the example in this post you pay 10% of the value that you want sell your limited (Can increase or decrease the percent depending in the accesory type that you want publish).

I guess you get back all your robux spent if you can sell the max stock or max copies that can be sold in your UGC limited.

1 Like

Roblox, the UGC catalog is already full of random stuff, decals and copies of other Roblox items and according to you guys, it’s a good idea to allow those same creators to make those items limited. This may be the most pointless update so far and has way more negatives than positives.

The other ones went a lot better, especially considering that I had the time to actually make something over publishing whatever I had.

1 Like

Interested to see Roblox’s response to free UGC limiteds & the botting problem that has very quickly emerged. Are you going to attempt to solve the botting problem or are you going to set a minimum price?

3 Likes

Alright, there’s still a few concrete issues (other than tradability), so here goes:

1. You can’t view how much total stock a collectible item had after it sold out, without using the Catalog API. This is more of a minor issue because it still appears if it’s in the process of selling, but it’s kind of crucial information.
  2. How much stock a collectible item has, total and remaining, isn’t visible from the catalogue page itself. You have to go to an item’s page to view this information, or use the API. Having this information visible might incentivise a user to buy an item with a few copies remaining, so they know they have to be quick if they want to get it.
  3. As of today, collectible items seem to have stopped showing up in my inventory. It still says which copies I own if I go to the page, but crucially not the “Item Owned (1)” thing at the top. I’m not sure what’s going on with that. I still had Robux deducted and it shows in my Purchase history. Update: It has finally shown up after a few hours of being offline. This is still a problem, though, as I should be able to wear something as soon as I buy it.
  4. Perhaps the most critical, the Recently Created catalogue sort is 1 hour behind. This is causing people to think that 10000 stock items sold out instantly, when really, the notifier they’re using is just 1 hour behind. The other sorts work just fine, but Recently Created is pretty much the only usable one for a notifier, and it has this issue.
2 Likes

Obviously this is great since Roblox has stopped actively producing Limited items, but this does cause a problem…

The problem is that this can be abused. The reason I think it can be abused is that UGC creators can create their own value. For example, a UGC creator can be a hat for only 10 owners, which can make it super rare and possibly valuable. I may be exaggerating and those Limited UGC items with very few copies probably won’t give it high value. I guess we’ll see how this plays out.

It’s great to hear that you are adding more ways for creators to innovate and earn on the Marketplace. The introduction of Limiteds with the ability for creators to specify the quantity of their creations and control their scarcity is a fantastic addition. It’s also great that Limiteds can be resold, and creators will receive an additional 10% payout every time the item is resold. The upfront payment before publishing Limiteds will encourage creators to be more thoughtful about the quantity they publish, which is crucial for a healthy marketplace. It’s good to see that Roblox is taking steps to ensure that the marketplace remains diverse and prohibits creators from publishing items that are overly similar to existing ones or copying others’ creations. This is a significant step towards building a community-driven marketplace, and I look forward to seeing what creators create.

1 Like

One of the questions I have regarding the UGC program involves user-made events. Will we be able to award avatar accessories to players, either through associating the accessory with a badge or by just simply having some in-game method of awarding the accessories?

The worst update in Roblox’ history.

4 Likes

It will be surely a failure, the items price would be high since the reseller will only be able to make 50%. I don’t know why any sane person would buy this items, only the free UGC Limiteds are worth it, but they are instantly sold out thanks to bots. The UGC Limiteds hype will soon die down (hopefully) and Roblox will realise that they made a huge mistake, UGC Creators can’t be trusted, they just find any random model and just change the texture to gold, most of them are quick cash grabber’s which is a shame. I really hope it wouldn’t have any effect on the real Roblox classic limiteds. We asked for sales not these horrible and stupid update.

4 Likes