Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

Yeah the ugc item itself gets 30% and the waiting period is 30 days, however if it is a ugc limited when someone resells the item the creator of the item only gets 10%

4 Likes

I like the idea of UGC limiteds. However, I think that the system should be adjusted in regard to who is eligible to upload UGC limiteds versus standard ones. Creation of UGC limiteds should be limited to prominent creators with a sense of integrity that would contribute to the limited marketplace rather than those that upload bogus copies to make a quick buck. They should also be made tradable as that is the whole point of limited items.

A good idea would be to manually review some of the limited UGC items and enable trading on certain items on an individual basis because they actually make sense and fit in with the standard collectibles. That way you slowly add more items to the collectible economy that aren’t gonna be ripoff items that will ruin it.

7 Likes

I mentioned this on another closed post but I will say it here too,

UGC Limiteds with absolutely no quality control was a terrible idea. Not just because of potential issues with the limiteds market, but because it has just spammed the catalog with worthless items that are just copies of other items. Creators take items they have already made, but make them “gold” or “shiny” and then sell them for like 5000 Robux with a stock of 1000. Pretty much making pointless duplicate items that will hardly ever sell out.

Thankfully UGC limiteds don’t show up by default, since the majority of them are just reuploaded trash, but this is still ridiculous. Why is there no quality control whatsoever on these items?

7 Likes

I definitely agree with this sentiment. I also feel like this lack of quality control has made it difficult to actually consider 80% of these items as collectibles/limiteds. If not quality control, at least enable trading on the good items that have been manually reviewed to actually provide some value to the existing market.

6 Likes

Need more clarification on this. Wouldn’t the seller be… me?

4 Likes

Seller refers to the distributer of the item. AKA on the catalog that is Roblox, in game that is the game creator.

Here’s a little breakdown for you:
Creator- the one who made the item (in this case, you)- 30%

Seller- the person who sold the user the item (if on the catalog, this is Roblox. If in game this is the owner of the game)- 40%

Platform - always Roblox- 30%

In hindsight I understand as to why you were confused given the vague wording from Roblox, false statements from others, and the fact that the revenue split is completely unfair. Sorry for being harsh on my previous response, I mistakenly thought it was rather self explanatory.

5 Likes

here’s the thing though

who’s going to actually trade these, much less buy them from other people?

ugc limiteds have such a terrible reputation and it’s barely past the first month of its addition.

stuff like this has become the face of the feature.

i don’t see even the well designed limiteds getting any return profit…
for the consumer OR the creator.

4 Likes

Personally, I find this to be a really good idea! I just only hope it gets moderated, as I feel limiteds based on official ones will be sold like wildfire, as well as some lower quality free ones. I feel that UGC limiteds shouldn’t be able to be sold for free. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

they… aren’t even able to be sold for free?
nothing from the ugc market is, not even t-shirts

4 Likes

Free limited UGC items do exist, as I’ve gotten my hands on quite a few. They’re quickly taken by bots, however. For example, this item was a free UGC limited.
(Zombie Head Crown - Roblox)

5 Likes

i don’t see how that’s possible
as it’s been stated that the minimum sale value for limited ugc is 35 robux and normal ugc is 15

2 Likes

Haven’t you seen all the free UGC Limiteds. UGC creators can’t sell an item for under 35 (for example 10) but they can for free

6 Likes

Let’s go! Finally, this update seems like it’s going to be absolute amazing!

4 Likes

Was there any new information on this yet ?

2 Likes

Temporary Halt For UGC Most Likely

1 Like

will developers get User Generated Content, so like a developer with at least a amount of visits for a group or a profile

1 Like

UGC Limiteds for groups when? :sob:

5 Likes

Will we be able to trade UGC limiteds in the near future?

3 Likes

Looking back and seeing how roblox has had its downfall in only two months.
I Remember the good times back in March 2023.

5 Likes

now that im thinking about it, roblox Ugc limited came out months ago and bots still get away, like why not add a anti bot verification similar to the one we get when we create an account? like so its manually done? like be for real theres so much ways to get around the anti bot thing. i just dont like that its unfair we put out free ugc limiteds for the community and bots get all, i know roblox has an update where u can set how many per person, but this doesnt seem like it helps, im sure how much quantity they set for player the bots will max out them.

5 Likes