Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

I’m sure it will crash every limited except the top few hundred limiteds, like dominuses, domino crowns, etc.

You published a limited already? If you could be so kind can you link it??

1 Like

Just as I predicted, someone uploaded a cube
20230407_082235

11 Likes

Can devs give users limiteds for doing something in-game?

Earned items that stay with you across experiences would really bring the Roblox metaverse together, apposed to Roblox being a collection of metaverses.

1 Like

Yikes! Group creation being planned is by far the worst part about this. NOT EVEN! look at the UGC limited catalog already. It’s horrible. Terrible idea.

1 Like

My only request;

Please make them at least more appealing and professional looking. Do not allow emojis in the titles and no links in the descriptions. Set the guidelines so the description is an actual description of the item instead of an advertisement area.

5 Likes

This pretty much sums up the limited UGC market at the moment. Effortless, gold and borderline confusing regarding if it even adheres to the standards.

3 Likes

My prediction is these will not hold value. The market is getting spammed with hundreds of these, it’s going to become extremely over saturated.

2 Likes

how this got approved should be a statistical impossibility

3 Likes

accidentally uploaded my ugc hat as a limited because the box to make it a limited was already checked when i uploaded my item last night (and had no idea), woke up to put them on sale and thought price floors were raised, like why is the box already marked? it should be manual

4 Likes

Your Edit including the Comment is completely unnecessary, What link has said is completely valid. and his points are very strong.

1 Like

Regardless of opinion on this announcement, there is a critical error that must be addressed for developers. We are unable to prompt the purchase of limited UGC items in-experience.
That makes the following feature from the post impossible for us developers to access:

Relevant DevForum report:

3 Likes

Yeah rip
Legit an item called “Wall” that’s just a brick wall sitting on the marketplace front page for 4 kilorobux

4 Likes

whats the formula for the upfront payment?

The criticism to this is awful in my opinion yes there are some awful items however I’m seeing some great hats and items. I just think people are exaggerating the effects it may have on any limiteds they own.
But we heard that all before with the ugc launch and no limited I can think of to this day 4 years later has had its value permanently damaged. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There’s already fake copies of existing limiteds, lol. 3k?? Why are a lot of them so overpriced. can’t wait to see where this goes.

5 Likes

Like the example in this post you pay 10% of the value that you want sell your limited (Can increase or decrease the percent depending in the accesory type that you want publish).

I guess you get back all your robux spent if you can sell the max stock or max copies that can be sold in your UGC limited.

1 Like

Roblox, the UGC catalog is already full of random stuff, decals and copies of other Roblox items and according to you guys, it’s a good idea to allow those same creators to make those items limited. This may be the most pointless update so far and has way more negatives than positives.

The other ones went a lot better, especially considering that I had the time to actually make something over publishing whatever I had.

1 Like

Interested to see Roblox’s response to free UGC limiteds & the botting problem that has very quickly emerged. Are you going to attempt to solve the botting problem or are you going to set a minimum price?

3 Likes