Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

i misunderstood at first aswell, but 40% isn’t reselling, they are talking about the UGC in-game selling behavior :

so i believe reselling gets you either 70% or 60% because they said :

2 Likes

maybe readd the UGC category to the catalog, or at least make a filter so that people know what are official roblox limiteds, and what are UGC.
this feels incredibly unprepared for what will inevitably happen

10 Likes

I was hoping UGC limited items would be held to a higher standard in quality, but they’re apparently not!

2 Likes

Even 60% is a pretty drastic amount.

Especially when there are already people doing this:

20 Likes

if you were hoping UGC in 2023 to be quality, then your just fooling yourself

17 Likes

Hey, could we get more info about when we actually get ugc responds? Cause at the moment we are all confused how these waves work.

3 Likes

Copies/Reselling aside, These should be called “Collectibles” instead of limited just for it’s different behavior : Untradeable + 30 days selling delay.

Even if all UGC Limited creators we’re strictly moderated, the Roblox Limited and UGC Limited are fundamentally different. the least they could do is to change it’s category and seperate it from Limited/LimitedU

14 Likes

Just published my first one. 20k down the drain hurts though tbh.

6 Likes

Here are correct reselling percentages for anyone interested (initial purchase percentages are the same as non limited accessories)

Gotten from here: Marketplace Fees and Commissions | Roblox Creator Documentation

@GeoMadness @kenami @0929lego

18 Likes

ugh 10% is an extremely low amount

5 Likes

i think thats good if its commonly passed around lol

4 Likes

I bought this item because it is very original and I love the work and creativity this artist put into their work!

10 Likes

I agree, I still believe the 30 day holding period is a bit harsh though.

At the very least lower it to like 21 days or so.

Also, the requirements to make something limited should’ve been alot harsher, you can essentially make anything (simple or not) and make it limited.

There are some nice looking items that will be overshadowed by the simple ones.

All of these are just going to go for less than what they were originally, and quite frankly I see no use investing or purchasing these.

3 Likes

anyone know why they not showing up

my filters are Collectibles and Recently Created

4 Likes

unoriginal artists when the idea of re-uploading their ugcs as limiteds and making a high amount of money approaches them
mercy-overwatch

28 Likes

i certainly can’t believe even more it’s so original

5 Likes

I firmly believe that this was a terrible update and a money grab. Releasing UGC limiteds with an unpolished and very terrible moderation system on current UGC items and the amount of junk and retextures uploaded is crazy. Not to mention the UGC’s that distort players avatars completely and make them massive.

EDIT: The 24 hour cooldowns on UGC limiteds is way too low as well. This should be raised to at least a week or even a month per person. This would promote uploading creative and thoughtful items instead of the type of stuff we are currently seeing on the marketplace.

26 Likes

Alright, we all knew this rant was coming…

Where to start…? Perhaps that Roblox had focus groups with myself, other top UGC creators, devs & traders and threw most of that out the window :sleepy:
Infact we were supposed to meet again, prior to UGC limiteds coming out I thought, but apparently not!!

Ok so what are the issues?
#1. Here’s BY FAR the biggest:
It is cheaper to set an item with LOW STOCK than HIGH STOCK.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
The roblox limited market that exists today is completely set on the ratio of demand to rarity (D:R), there are only like 20 items that have 10 or less copies rn - and they are ALL expensive.
Example;

Starry Night is an item that isn’t really all that attractive, but it is valuable due to the scarcity.
So roblox, WHYYY can creators publish something with 1 stock for 100,000x less than something with 100,000 copies???
This just incentivizes people to make things as rare as possible so that they actually sell out, and are guaranteed to be “valuable”.
BUT WAIT, if everyone can do this - doesn’t that mean nothing is valuable because nothing is rare? DING DING, exactly.
The only reason the economy isn’t about to implode right now is that roblox listened to our feedback to add a holding period (that is 30 days where the items can’t be resold) and to make them nontradable.

Still, I believe this setting has to be completely scraped and the proper implementation would be to make it progressively more expensive to publish low stock items AND/OR make it so every UGC limited has a timer of 30 days and it’s all about how many copies sell in that time, so at least the player economy would determine the rarity naturally.

#2. Another issue: UGC limiteds need their own tag, they should NOT say limited U! Players are going to be so confused to buy a nontradable UGC limited that is only distinguished by small text on the asset page, make a new designation like “COLLECTIBLE” and color it blue!!!

#3. Tradable status: again I’m glad they listened and UGC limiteds cannot be traded, but if the plan is ever to make them so I do think they need to be tradable only with eachother and not the roblox limiteds to keep the markets seperate. They are too different and since roblox limiteds were established organically over 15 years, this is the obvious choice.

#4. Reselling: I’m in huge support of the 30 day holding period. However - the time before an item can be sold needs to be a counter on the items page so people actually know how much time remains. Also, moderation needs to increase drastically so any offending items get taken down and refunded before this 30 day period expires and a “bad item” enters the market.

Alright that’s all I got for now…… :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

86 Likes

the one that’s offsale is most definitely a test
idk about the one that was made on sale though, really big blow to inkwaves rep if it was on purpose though

5 Likes

It’s been broken for a while. Maybe it’ll get fixed some day but for now you have to find it some other way.

5 Likes