Announcing Three-Strike System of Moderation

Wait, so there weren’t strikes before?

7 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

I believe that there should be some sort of warning before a strike and suspension is applied… So that someone knows what they are doing is wrong.

1 Like

Awesome, I cannot wait to see it in action :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s what the first strike is for. No need for warnings, if you quality for a strike, it means you are intentionally doing something inappropriate, it’s not something you’d accidentally run into. (i.e. for forum etiquette issues, you just get a feedback message, not a strike)

5 Likes

To add to what @buildthomas said, you can see all the things that qualify for strike points are pretty blatant.

Check here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/official-rules-of-the-roblox-developer-forum/46429

3 Likes

Huh?

7 Likes

At risk of overstating the obvious… this means if you make an off-topic post, it does not give you a strike, but the post may be moved out of the thread and you would receive a feedback message why your post was off-topic. (Making off-topic posts is against forum rules)

5 Likes

I think he got it. However, I’d like to see a movement towards warning people for being on-topic.

4 Likes

I doubt anyone actually misunderstood, but I’ve adjusted the wording. Thanks.

6 Likes

Thanks for going through the trouble :slight_smile:

Not nitpicking, as I doubt anyone would missunderstand it; just trying to be humourous!

2 Likes

Genuinely was confused with the wording.

3 Likes

If there is any chance whatsoever that I’d gain a strike by trying to he helpful and reporting a bug, I would absolutely never report one. Even if I thought it were the most catastrophic issue Roblox had ever faced. Simply not worth the risk of being cut off from this important community forever.

14 Likes

I think it’s justified, I like how the strike system is mostly for behavioural so that’s ok in my eyes

3 Likes

I don’t think that bumping an old thread should ever be considered wrong (unless you just say “bump” with no additional content).

I frequently come across old threads with really useful information, and I am not going to be hesitant to comment on the thread, just because it is old.

8 Likes

We define bumping as making a post active again without adding enough actual content to the thread (somewhat in relation to the age of the thread). Adding a significant comment to an old thread is fine, that’s not really what we consider bumping.

5 Likes

I am glad that you elaborated more on your definition of “bumping.” Without knowing your definition it was sometimes conflicting to decide between a) creating a thread very similar to an older, existing, thread, or b) replying to an old thread and potentially having it considered a rule-breaking “bump.”

7 Likes

The punishment in question is not for submitting bugs, but by unnecessarily pinging Roblox engineers with urgency to a bug which does not warrant it.

5 Likes

i feel like this can kinda get out of hand, but aight

7 Likes
1 Like