Announcing Three-Strike System of Moderation

If there is any chance whatsoever that I’d gain a strike by trying to he helpful and reporting a bug, I would absolutely never report one. Even if I thought it were the most catastrophic issue Roblox had ever faced. Simply not worth the risk of being cut off from this important community forever.

14 Likes

I think it’s justified, I like how the strike system is mostly for behavioural so that’s ok in my eyes

3 Likes

I don’t think that bumping an old thread should ever be considered wrong (unless you just say “bump” with no additional content).

I frequently come across old threads with really useful information, and I am not going to be hesitant to comment on the thread, just because it is old.

8 Likes

We define bumping as making a post active again without adding enough actual content to the thread (somewhat in relation to the age of the thread). Adding a significant comment to an old thread is fine, that’s not really what we consider bumping.

5 Likes

I am glad that you elaborated more on your definition of “bumping.” Without knowing your definition it was sometimes conflicting to decide between a) creating a thread very similar to an older, existing, thread, or b) replying to an old thread and potentially having it considered a rule-breaking “bump.”

7 Likes

The punishment in question is not for submitting bugs, but by unnecessarily pinging Roblox engineers with urgency to a bug which does not warrant it.

5 Likes

i feel like this can kinda get out of hand, but aight

7 Likes
1 Like