Announcing Three-Strike System of Moderation

A needed change that I’m with all the way. The DevForums ought to get back into that professional community atmosphere where we’re here to share, improve ourselves and each other, not bring each other down. I personally don’t think it’s strict at all, it’s something that should’ve been present some time ago. This especially goes with the volume of people being accepted nowadays. It’s easy on everyone; it discourages members from poor behavior and it helps staff track moderations better.

Also, curious question, why is this in Public asopposed to Inception? I’m just thinking now that this is a DevForum-only related announcement in terms of the forums, so I thought it’d make more sense to put it there. I don’t know, I’m not staff.

9 Likes

Yea. Just saw the update.

Notable tl;dr.

Strike 2 must occur within 60 days of Strike 1. Strike 3 must occur within 60 days of Strike 2. Now if you get a 3rd Strike 61 days after Strike 2, is that a Strike 1?

Also Strike 2 is now 5 day suspension not 3.

I do find it interesting that Rule 16 is an auto-3 Strike. That one seems like a judgement call given what is shared.

13 Likes

Like the idea.

7 Likes

It was certainly done internally though there wasn’t the suspension element. Discourse has its own internal warning / strike system like this.

8 Likes

Awesome! :tada: This was much needed!

4 Likes

Improvements are always welcome. However, in what way did it become evident for there to be a more structured method for moderation? Is the DevForum’s activity growing that much?
It will be interesting to see what level of improvement this system will bring to mass control on the DevForum. It does seem more effective, but I don’t see how well it would work on a case-by-case basis.
It does make me wonder, as I manage a Roblox Discord community with 50K+ members but no “strike” system. Instead, we have a team of dedicated moderators, filtering, and user moderation history.

7 Likes

This is definitely a welcome change. I love that young and budding developers are joining us, but we should not sacrifice the maturity and the professionalism of the forum because of it.

9 Likes

Wait, so there weren’t strikes before?

7 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

I believe that there should be some sort of warning before a strike and suspension is applied… So that someone knows what they are doing is wrong.

1 Like

Awesome, I cannot wait to see it in action :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s what the first strike is for. No need for warnings, if you quality for a strike, it means you are intentionally doing something inappropriate, it’s not something you’d accidentally run into. (i.e. for forum etiquette issues, you just get a feedback message, not a strike)

5 Likes

To add to what @buildthomas said, you can see all the things that qualify for strike points are pretty blatant.

Check here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/official-rules-of-the-roblox-developer-forum/46429

3 Likes

Huh?

7 Likes

At risk of overstating the obvious… this means if you make an off-topic post, it does not give you a strike, but the post may be moved out of the thread and you would receive a feedback message why your post was off-topic. (Making off-topic posts is against forum rules)

5 Likes

I think he got it. However, I’d like to see a movement towards warning people for being on-topic.

4 Likes

I doubt anyone actually misunderstood, but I’ve adjusted the wording. Thanks.

6 Likes

Thanks for going through the trouble :slight_smile:

Not nitpicking, as I doubt anyone would missunderstand it; just trying to be humourous!

2 Likes

Genuinely was confused with the wording.

3 Likes