Anti Cheats - Where Do I Start?

Protip: don’t trust people who say “don’t rely on client”, these people are not professional and do not see the potential of client anti-cheats when used properly.

2 Likes

Their potential? Their only potential is to stop unexperienced exploiters. If your game is small and gets no visits then sure rely on a client-sided anti-cheat… however, once your game gets big people will bypass it and upload the script for others to use.

1 Like

You could do a lot on a client, and I do support @weakroblox35’s comment.

You could use a remote event client & server and if the client is deleted then the server brings a copy from server storage to the player that doesn’t have the script. You could also camo the script name so it could look like a built in Roblox player script. And you could obviously protect your anti cheat remote event. Clients do have potential.

1 Like

It has potential only as long as it isn’t bypassed, which it will. Maybe won’t get bypassed if your game is very very small, but if it is moderate then it’s a waiting game until a bypass gets released somewhere.

Client-sided anti-cheats is a game of mouse and cat. They bypass it, you patch, and they bypass it again… not a good thing for big games huh

Generally, if you are okay with wasting your time on a client-sided anticheat when you could’ve made a reliable server-sided one, go for a client one.

Could be bypassed in a matter of minutes. There are a lot of methods to protect your client sided anti-cheat since I’ve myself used one for a long time and maintained one (and more, I used to work on anti-cheats for bigger games than mine), but ever since creating my own server one I stand with my opinion and experience

1 Like

But my client idea I suggested would also work well with an independent server anti cheat. As when the exploiter tries to delete the anti-cheat in player scripts it’s going to keep coming back and you can’t do anything about it because it would be recloned on server and there’s not a lot you could do. But of course, protect the remote event as well.

This script would not take long at all. I suggest on top of this you could put a simple alt detection as well. And another addon to the client system that checks if the screengui of a player is being tampered with, also banning the names of Orion which is a popular script hub I’m pretty sure some exploiters use. And the banning of any screengui named Dex. Or anything similar.

There is a lot you can do here. But clients should still be considered as a plan B. And not thrown in the garbage acting as clients can’t do anything.

1 Like

“Never trust devforum membes, they’re just cloested v3rm members”

3 Likes

a DescendantAdded-based function can automatically delete those

Remote-spy, figure out what the remote does, then use that knowledge to bypass it

Good point, I use that for my anti-cheats as well.

Yeah this is definitely handy and something server cannot do, however it can still be sadly bypassed. I did use this but believe me that having to patch a bypass every moment gets tiring.

Agree, it is effective against exploiters that cannot script and don’t have a big knowledge. But they can figure out a bypass by googling for it (if it exists)

But plan A should always be server sided :+1:

2 Likes

?? :joy: really dude

I already guessed you would link that thread to the reply, but read what I said first.

2 Likes

remote spy doesnt work on actors btw do research before you start blabbering

2 Likes

He was talking about remotes, read what he said first.

Also, a simple google:

Cough cough, research before you start blabbering

1 Like

So, I shouldn’t trust what you have to say? I don’t get this message.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:

I don’t understand it either, and I could use the same argument against him telling people to use client-sided anti-cheats which can be bypassed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, most good exploiters don’t use their Lua knowledge for doing something like Roblox studio although as you said it will stop a lot of unexperienced exploiters. This would not be a problem if all the actual exploiters that do scripts move over to something else instead of exploiting and finding constant bypasses.

3 Likes

Yeah, it would be better for them aswell to do something good with their knowledge and possibly get money but they’re too lazy to try something new I guess

1 Like

Have you tried making a good anti-cheat? We could work on it together if you’d like.

1 Like

I already have one that is universal, and has linked bans, discord bot and alt detection.

Thank you for the offer however I already have one I have been maintaining for about a year without any issues

1 Like

Wow, it seems nice. Great job :+1:

2 Likes

Here are some resources from my experience:

1 Like

Don’t make an anticheat. Secure your remote events first, and then minimize the damage that could be done. Don’t try fixing something that can’t be fixed.

3 Likes

I’d recommend looking throught the following resources, they can help you alot:

5 Likes