Any amount DevEx

With this, you wouldn’t be limited to specific tiers of cashouts. You would be able to submit odd amounts, to make up for the large gaps between two tiers.

Of course, the 100k R$ threshold will still stand and the most you could cashout is 300M R$ but you would be able to submit any amount between those two limits and get your cash accordingly.

This would be useful, for example, you have 7M R$ and it is that time of the month to cashout. Now you gotta make a hard choice, do you wait until you have the next 3M R$ or do you cashout at 4M R$? With this feature you wouldn’t have to decide that, and you could cashout all of it.

EDIT: Just want to clarify that this would be a longer term idea.

26 Likes

While I think this is an awesome idea to most developers, I think the purpose of the tiers was to incentivize different levels of success for developers on this platform. I totally wish we could devex any amount between 100k and 300mil, but from the Roblox company’s POV, it would make more sense to keep the tiers to simplify the devex auditing process and to make clear the difference in success between a massively lucrative developer and a slightly lucrative one. :man_shrugging:

I totally support this tho! :octopus:

4 Likes

They have them because it makes paperwork easier lol.

21 Likes

I think this would mean a lot more work and strain on the already strained devex system.

A nice idea, but until devex is streamlined, I don’t think it’d be beneficial (but wait a few months and perhaps :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I think it just needs one more option between 4m and 10m because they have the most significant relative gap.

A custom amount would be very convenient though. Roblox should focus on minimizing the delay between earning revenue and receiving USD so that the developer can rapidly apply resources to a project as it scales up.

2 Likes

I get so depressed when I see DevEx threads because I’ve never gotten above 40k ROBUX so far.

From a developer standpoint though, I think this would be an effective decision. Developers should not be faced with the dilemma of having to skip a month of cashing out to get a higher value or cash out at a lower value right away. We all like instant feedback rather than having to wait days (or at least that’s my case - don’t know about anyone else).

ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵘʳʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᶠʳᵃᵐᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʳᵉᶜᵉᶦᵛᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵃˢʰ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʰᵉᵃʳ ᶦˢ ˡᵒᵒᵒᵒⁿᵍ

1 Like

I think just more tiers in general

between 500k and 1m is a big hop if you’re a smaller developer

between 4m and 10m is a big hop even if you’re a bigger developer

there is some gaps I think seem too large.

1 Like

Yeah a 750k option and 7.5mil option would be a good idea for the short term.

I somehow didn’t know there were certain tiers that you had to choose from… thought the numbers were just to give a relative this much is that much…
It was pretty awkward when I went to DevEx 200k…

I think any amount would be nice, but wouldn’t ever come… More set amounts would be better.

1 Like

well not limited to those amounts, they could add more in general, 100k to 250k is a big hop for a lot of people, seems like nothing for some developers, but a freelance artist who only makes so much in such a period of time… you know 100k is usually a lot to them.

however adding a 200k option isn’t much of a solution… and 175k/150k is kinda just odd.

it’s just awkward in general how 100k to 250k is 2.5x, and after that it’s all 2.0x up to 4m to 10m, now it’s 2.5x again then it’s 2.0x again until 80m to 150m (ok this is just for math purposes now) is 1.875x

I agree the 4m - 10m gap is annoying. It sucks to have 9m (over double 4m tier) but not be able to cash it out in a cleaner way.

2 Likes