Any feedback on my latest GFX for my upcoming roblox movie?

Ello! So I’m making a roblox movie, and i’m doing some GFX’s of the characters in it. Got any feedback to help me improve?

I would love to hear your opinions and feedback!

7 Likes

Looks cool. What’s the movie about?

2 Likes

You should definitely work on the lighting. It’s too dark plus the text doesn’t really work well with the GFX itself.

8 Likes

The lighting is supposed to be like that because in the movie its night time, at least when he has the shotgun.

1 Like

Thank you! The movie is about R6 characters and R15 characters in a war to see who is superior. I know it sounds stupid but its turning out good so far.

2 Likes

Even if it’s nighttime, it looks bad. You should look into night time GFX and see how they’re set up lighting wise.

3 Likes

Yea, I looked at those, but they all look too bright in my opinion.

1 Like

You should also fix the hand so it looks like hes holding the gun

2 Likes

Yea, I know. I got very lazy making this, because i’ve been working on animations of the movie.

1 Like

Red marker = LIGHTING ISSUES.
Yellow marker = WHERE THE LIGHT SHOULD BE DIRECTING.
Light green marker = UNNECESSARY CLIPS, AND TEXTURE.
Blue marker = REGARDING TO LIGHT.

For the ones circled in red and yellow SHOULD have lighting! If there’s only one lighting spot on the right hand, then there should be lighting at other necessary places as well.

• The ones circled in a red marker are the parts where they should have a highlight to them, instead of it being plain and unlighted.

• The ones pointing in a yellow marker are the parts where the light should be directing towards. Directing highlight to these spots will help your GFX look better.

• The ones circled in a light green marker are the ones with the unnecessary clips and textures. Let’s start with the small face texture, as you could probably see: There unnecessary spots, and a piece of hair clipping through the face. I don’t see why that is needed, but this issue needs to be fixed overall.

• Secondly, I suggest adjusting the arms as none of them looked clipped to the actual shoulders. To make your GFX look alive, the body parts should mostly be connected together. Therefore, it’ll make your GFX look cleaner and neat.

• Lastly but not least, the shadow behind the character. This part should be regarding to the highlights from the red and yellow marker. As the light radiation beams onto the character, then there should be a shadow behind them: Making the shadow behind the character. Likewise, you should focus on lighting your GFXs.

“The most important point of GFXs is about balance. The GFX needs to have both balanced movements and lighting/shading to make the GFX look more alive and realistic.”

Best regards,
@FIaylie

3 Likes

Ok, so I dont get what you mean by the Red and Yellow but the light green where you circled the face, thats supposed to be like that, he has some scratches from some beat ups. The blue, that’s from a spotlight (supposed to be like headlights from a car), as to not make it too dark.

For the red and yellow markers, there should be a lot of lighting: I don’t see a lot of lighting, so it’s unable to make a full visible shadow. It just seems unfinished without any excessive lighting.

For the light green, I suggest looking up Zombieland: Doubletap. Their scratches (etc.) will help you design damaged characters. Referencing off of actual “zombie survivors” will help a lot.

1. Alright so work on the lighting. Got it!

2. Its not for a zombie movie, so hes not a zombie survivor.

Ah, my apologies! I thought it was based off of a “zombie movie” type. Otherwise, I suggest looking up scratches references, or just make #'s on the face.

I suggest adding more texture and definition, maybe play around with normal maps. Also I suggest using an HDRI, they increase your lighting quality and make your render look more professional.

I think it looks really dark, you should brighten up the image so that it will allow more focus onto the main character and the scene will stand out better. If you notice in cinemas, all of the movie preview images on the side of the theaters in the lobby area are usually lit up, this is to focus attention better onto their image.

I have it dark because in the movie its night time

As much as I would love to agree with you, unfortunately even in the dark, the lighting would be stronger than that from above. As much as you should try and stick with a “dark theme”, this is unfortunately not the right way to showcase it being dark.

I see the GFX , but from what I’m looking there’s a lot of things that could make it look a lot better!

1. The lighting is very bland. even though it’s a dark-themed movie, there should be some lighting in the scene, most photos that are dark have some form of lighting.

2. I recommend that you use some type of HDRI extension as it would look fantastic in your photos and make your render somewhat realistic.

3. It seems like the gun goes through the hand so I would fix the posing of the arm.

Here’s an example of a similar GFX with darkness that I made. This is to compare what it should really be like.

Anyways have a good day, and hope this helps!

1. There is lighting ORANGE and WHITE

2. I do use HDRI’s, but I don’t like to make realistic GFX’s

3. I was very lazy when making this so that why

(Edit: I have been doing this stuff for a little over a year now, so I know how to make stuff but i was really lazy and burnt out)