Any way to fix these Triangles around the edges of my water on my terrain?

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    make the Edges smoother if possible.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    when I paint water on my terrain I get these triangles all around, it looks like there’s nothing under it, its really messing with me, is there any way to fix this?

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I tried using the smooth tool to smooth it out but that does nothing

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t believe there is a solution to this. These triangles result as part of Roblox’s voxel system for the terrain tools, which is like a 3D “grid” where individual units of terrain are placed. As a result, the edges between water and land tend to be jagged.

1 Like

Oh well, I think I can handle it being like that, but thanks for the help

1 Like

You could try making your own water with a skinned meshpart, but I have never done this, so I can’t be any help here. You could use this tutorial, but you would also need to program it so that your character would swim when in it, which again, I wouldn’t be able to help.

oh ok, ill check it out, thank you!

1 Like

I have ideas!

• You may have to try lowering the size of the terrian a bit.

Yeah that doesn’t mean there is no solution. There could be another way instead of just saying that.

The triangles appeared there probably because of the reactions of the terrian or the water is just a moving water that paces back and forth. So if I were you I would just lower the terrian, see if you can resize the water if it’s possible because I don’t know if you can, and just see what it does

1 Like

What do you mean by “resizing”? You mean making the area where the land/water is smaller, or making the terrain tool smaller?

Make some terrain grass slightly over the face of the water on the edges on the pond.

Yes that’s what I mean! Making the water smaller. Plus I specifically said “water” so I don’t see how that can be a question.

Here is proof if needed:

The only way I know of to get a better land to water transition is to use a part. I wouldn’t recommend doing this on a very large or varied landscape. For example if you have a small beach area, you could use a wedge of part ‘sand’ to make the water transition look better. Part to water transitions are completely seamless.

Try smoothing the terrain, it’ll give the effect of the water being smoother.
Or you could lower the sea level

Sorry about that, I must have read it wrong.

Maybe try to smooth the edges with the terain editor.

i already tried, it doesn’t work lol

No problem! It happens sometimes.

I don’t know of any way to fix this. However, what you can do to sort of mask this issue is to paint the terrain near the water with sand. Having two light colours collide with each other will make this jagged edges a little less noticeable (And realistic)

Ok, I actually saw something that I think will solve this! I was reading an article about how to sculpt terrain by @Soybeen, and he said when making islands, instead of using the grow tool, to use the paint tool with ignore water turned off. So try painting land along the edge of your river, and this should get rid of the triangles and give it a smooth look.

You could fix this by selecting Terrain under Workspace and changing the WaterTransparency.

Its ok, I found a way to kinda hide it by increasing the height of the edges

1 Like