API Consolidated Page Unavailable For Months

Moved to Web API Documentation To Replace API Consolidated Page

Reproduction Steps
Visit https://api.roblox.com/docs?useConsolidatedPage=true

Browser Information

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior
Page should display a consolidated list of APIs with information pertaining to each

Actual Behavior
Consolidated page is entirely blank and does not display any network error codes

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://api.roblox.com/docs?useConsolidatedPage=true
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for the report. I don’t think this is an actual bug. There is a post where you can find more details about this. [Action Needed] Sunsetting api.roblox.com. Try using the recommended alternatives presented in the post. If that does not help you, leave a reply in that thread and the team will most likely help you out.

2 Likes

While I could be incorrect, I was under the impression that APIs are still intended to be supported but are being moved. To my understanding, that post regarded moving the APIs to a new location. Am I incorrect in this? If my understanding is correct, restoring the consolidated API page would provide a great benefit to developers, allowing them to have a reference for all the new APIs.

The mentioned post says,

We recommend switching to newer endpoints on the apis.roblox.com or individual APIs (avatar.roblox.com , games.roblox.com , etc).
Please update any tools, browser plugins, or third-party sites that rely on api.roblox.com over to the newer endpoints listed below.

and

apis.roblox.com is Roblox’s API Gateway and is responsible for routing traffic to services containing our API endpoints. Long-term we plan to move most of our endpoints to apis.roblox.com.

I am not exactly qualified to answer your question. From my understanding, each API will start to be removed. Beginning on July 15, 2022, we will start removing individual API endpoints from api.roblox.com . All endpoints are scheduled to be removed by the end of the year. Best approach for this would be for you to leave a reply on that thread. There you would get all the answers you’ll need.

1 Like

I would file a feature request that you want better docs for endpoints in general and exactly what you want to have on these docs. The endpoints that were on api.roblox.com only cover a fraction of all available endpoints, so just asking for them to restore this “consolidated API page” documentation is probably not future-proof or the best solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.