Appeal Email being inactive and support forms "too many attempts" message prevents me from questioning a moderation I've recieved

Early today I received a random moderation for “terrorism” of all things, my first 7-day ban. Roblox has not even given me a reason in my moderation message for what caused it, and I believe a black colored Saudi Arabian flag shirt I uploaded years ago might’ve caused it.

the link at “Login” also does not show what item has been moderated either and only shows the option of taking me to the support form, which is literally broken for me at the moment.

I am being left in the dark and given vague answers from my first email attempt a bit ago, in which I asked for what asset caused my moderation and was simply told that the information they gave me was all they could give me.

Anytime I use the support form, it gives me this error, which has been constantly happening to me off and on since mid-last year, and it’s incredibly infuriating.

On the other hand I was told to use the Appeals@Roblox email to get a message, however I merely got a reply that they do not check the email anymore.

What do I even do.

2 Likes

A day later and the too many attempts error is still happeing, I don’t know what to do anymore.

1 Like

Try doing the appeal through an incognito window that you are not logged into. Just don’t forget to put your email and username at the top where it tells you to, so they know who it’s from.

1 Like

Use email directly. The Appeals window in Roblox should send you an email then use that to send your message concerning the ban to roblox appeals.

Also,

This practice by Roblox moderation needs to stop. Its abusive. Roblox Moderation MUST be REQUIRED to show the item or items being moderated, not have the thumbnail missing, directly cite, word for word, section by section, on how the item violated such rule. Roblox needs to cut the vague nonsense.

Nobody should be left in the dark about being moderated.

1 Like

just did this and it went through will keep updated if anything happens

emailing them directly doesn’t seem to work anymore as they say to use it via support form and not as a direct email, they sadly don’t supervise the standalone email anymore.

On the other hand, I saw this: Uploading the Arkansas state flag results in a 7 Day Terrorism Ban

I run a group that uploads bunch of flags and stuff, I also made clothing with the flag of arkansas, so maybe this is the problem? but why a state flag?

1 Like

I do something similar as well, but considering that it looks like Roblox fixed that problem back in november I doubt it may have been the flag of Arkansas. Its possible it may have been something else.

Again, I don’t know why Roblox does this, but there may have a message from roblox in your personal messages listing anything that was moderated. They should put this in the moderation note so you don’t have to wonder what resulted in the ban for an entire week. Then again there is a chance Roblox didn’t list anything at all and the ban is a total mystery.

First you go through the appeals process on the page, you list your username and email,

Then Roblox should automatically send you something where you can further elaborate what has happened.

Although I would suggest holding off until after the ban expires and seeing if roblox does list anything that was moderated, just in case you’re wrong in assuming what was moderated. If they don’t specifically list any particular item or items, then it might have been a group that’s been locked.

That’s another thing, even in an appeal via email Roblox won’t even show you what has been moderated, directly, even if you ask them. They’ll just say if your appeal is approved or rejected. There’s no real avenue for information gathering.

This has happened to me before.

I’ve gotten a reply back, and it appears that it was a flag that caused my moderation, specifically the Francoist-era Spanish national flag, despite multiple groups and places using said flag.

My question is how it relates to terrorism besides the country being politically questionable.

1 Like

Ohhh, yeah… That’ll do it. Francoist symbols will get you the accusation of promoting Fascism.

I had a group locked for just being called “Kingdom of Spain”, yes the Original name without any special name glitches, for being allegedly promoting Francoist-era spain, despite it not emulating Francoist Spain at all. The group was trying to emulate modern Spain and sell generic spanish themed items in the group store because I am a geography nerd. I did my best to steer absolutely clear from anything related to spanish history form 1936-1970s. Roblox still nonetheless locked it without showing me any clear evidence that it was promoting Francoism. I guess they just thought “If Spain, therefore Francoism”.

If a country has a troubled sus history, steer clear from any symbolism related to those periods in history.
Even though some of them might exist on roblox now, in the future they might not. They’re ticking time bombs for moderation.

1 Like