Archived Roblox Messages Disappear

I’m not entirely sure that this is a bug, but basically if you get a roblox message (e.g. when someone accepts a FR) and you archive that message it disappears from your inbox like normal but it doesn’t appear in your archived messages.

40 Likes

Are you using Roblox+?
I know that Roblox+ does this when you archive all, I’m not sure if this happens by default though.

4 Likes

Nope, the only extensions I have are adblock and one other one that displays an items value in $ at cash out rates.

3 Likes

It is only when you get a message from the Roblox account that this appears. I wanted to save my first DevEx message a while back and it was inaccessible afterwards. No plugins at all.

3 Likes

This is still happening. When will this get fixed? I want to archive all of the team create messages I’ve been invited to. :frowning:

4 Likes

This bug is still an issue, when will it be fixed? I archived a bunch of my old messages from Roblox and they just disappeared…

2 Likes

I recently received a right of erasure request from roblox, and accidentally pressed the archive button on the message. Usually this just puts the messaged under the ‘Archive’ tab, however it has disappeared from both my messages and the archive tab. Luckily I have noted down the user id, but if I had not I would have no way of knowing what the ID was and would not be able to fulfill the right of erasure request.

On another note, although it’s understandable why not seeing as this is a right of erasure request, having the user’s previous name to make finding their data more easy would be useful. Currently I will have to manually iterate through 800 datastore entries to ensure that they do not contain this player’s data.

10 Likes

Yet another reason why this bug is an issue, there could be important content in those Roblox messages.

3 Likes

Also been experiencing this bug. Archived all my teamcreate invitations and they’re all gone now.

4 Likes

I literally did exact same thing, I took a screenshot of the message but now its gone

6 Likes

Same problem. I just archived a set of GDPR request, thinking I’d do them later in one go. Now they have all disappeared along with the user ids…

7 Likes

Nope. If you archive an automatic message it’s gone forever. If you want to know what is said you can probably find a copy online.

2 Likes

No, you can’t always. Not when the content is specific to that message, such as a GDPR request. You can find the format back, sure, but that’s useless because it’s about the specific data in that message (in case of GDPR, it lists a UserId of the user to perform the GDPR request for).

5 Likes

Oh sorry, i never knew that lol.

2 Likes

Was it always like this? I seem to remember archived messages from ROBLOX being saved, back then anyway, but now they just disappear. It’s strange that ROBLOX would add something like this on purpose; maybe the amount of ‘### accepted your friend request!’ messages were causing server strain, or something.

3 Likes

I think that it’s a change that was made within the past year. I opened up my archived messages and found some automatic messages in it that dated from February this year. Not sure though.

3 Likes

Still not fixed. STILL…

3 Likes

I get the impression that it’s just an intended feature at this point considering we haven’t heard a word on it in literally over 4 years, almost 5, with no change in sight.

6 Likes

I am bumping this bug report again, because, as some people said, I got myself into the case where I accidentally archived the message of a data erasure request, but unluckily, I haven’t noted the UserId I should have deleted. If there is no way I can recover the message, then there is no way I can delete the data associated to that UserId, if it has any. If it’s intentional, then important messages like these should be archived instead.

6 Likes

Still not fixed… please fix it… it’s the important message…

5 Likes