Archived Roblox Messages Disappear

Im so fricking mad i did this with my spatial voice beta message by roblox :expressionless:

5 Likes

This happened to me a while ago and I was thinking about it today, I got invited to voice chat early and I wanted to save it but it just deleted the message. I tested it today by archiving an unimportant message and it got deleted :confused: I hope roblox fixes this soon.

2 Likes

Read the thread, this is about Roblox messages from Roblox.

1 Like

Well, this aged wellā€¦

Special thanks to Roblox for making me panic into deleting historic records of my trades, old TCā€™s for significant bygone games, etc.

5 Likes

Is this being fixed? I would like to not have to make a .txt file compiling all of the messages, as that would take time that I would rather use doing something else.

I would like to be able to use the ā€œArchiveā€ feature on ROBLOXā€™s website to prevent these messages from being erased completely.

Iā€™ve only used it once (I think by accident, since the only message I archived was a scam message) because quite frankly the archive feature just seemed useless to me and Iā€™m sure 90% of the platform doesnā€™t use it either, but if this bug could be fixed so the feature works as intended then I would like to archive all of my system messages from 2014 to 2019.

I have system messages that say that people like Shedletsky, Bereghost and other notable users on the platform had accepted my friend requests at the time before the Followers update was introduced in 2015. A lot of these messages show who accepted my friend requests (apparently I sent a lot of them back then), invited me to Team Create, and even special event messages for earning all the prizes.

I donā€™t want to lose these messages, as theyā€™re pieces of the time Iā€™ve spent on the platform that Iā€™ve long forgotten about. Itā€™s a part of my history, so I think itā€™s very important that this bug is fixed if possible.

6 Likes

Is anything going to be done about this? Thereā€™s only 9 more days until this change goes into effect.

Thereā€™s no reason why we shouldnā€™t be able to archive these system messages. If for whatever reason they need to be cleared to begin with, we should atleast have the option to archive them just like with any other message.

Iā€™d really hate to lose them if thereā€™s something that can be done about it.

5 Likes

This is still the case. System messages that are archived are not shown in the Archived tab with no explanation or confirmation.

They arenā€™t actually deleted so it is actually possible to view their contents and unarchive them with the API, they just arenā€™t shown in the tab.

5 Likes

Still broken. I just archived a bunch of messages I wanted to save, and now I canā€™t view them in the tab at all.

2 Likes

I had a bunch of ā€œRight to erasureā€ messages that i archived on accident when archiving all messages. I CANā€™T find it, I CANā€™T fulfill the right to erasure request, I DONā€™T have the user id.

This problem is still unresolved 8 years later. I accidentally archived a welcome message from Builderman, now itā€™s gone. Does anyone know a way to return archived messages?

1 Like