Are parts faster than meshparts even if geometry or faces are the same?

Basically, I am experimenting with finding some tricks to optimize my builds as much as possible.

Recently though I realized I could make “parts” without faces on sides where they are not visible and use them to build stuff in roblox, For example let’s say I put these 2 parts right here, well I don’t need the face that is touching the bigger part on the small part as it is not visible.

So what if I just use this meshpart which has a face deleted and replace that part with this meshpart?

Would it technically make the game run faster, or not.

I know this might be a stupid question to ask, but I just don’t know exactly how roblox graphics work, or if meshparts just still run slower than normal parts.

2 Likes

I’ve seen many people say that parts are faster than meshparts, but I honestly don’t know why. I’m guessing it’s because they load in faster.

2 Likes

i dont really mind them loading slower, since well once they finish loading the game performance will be fine, I just want to know if anyone here can confirm to me that meshparts are not slower, because I could end up actually slowing down the performance of the game more than what i initially had.

1 Like

So from what I was told this method could actually end up being slower, this isn’t confirmed but aparently a part is simply a block in the eyes of the GPU so it can render it faster, while even if the meshpart has less sides it can take longer to render since the GPU needs to treat it as a shape with multiple vertices and faces.

2 Likes