Are there any replication methods that are faster than the standard 20 hz remotes?

E.g: How fast is default Roblox character replication?

2 Likes

I hear sending info by Carrier Pigeons is still a thing. Can always try that :grin:

Pretty sure character replication, like the movement, is as fast as it gets, but idk the specifics. I would assume sending info through Remotes goes through more checks or something so it could be a tiny bit slower, however not really noticeable. That’s just a theory I have anyway, so dont take my information as fact, in case I am wrong lol.

The true question is, why do you need something faster?

Is there a source for Roblox’s replication only running at 20hz? If you do Shift + F5, the network receive shows 60 hz.

a lot of posts like these say its 20 hz
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/is-there-a-limit-on-remoteevent-calls/25160/5

1 Like

I thought it was 45 hz?

Don’t fire remotes this often please, you should be interpolating between less-frequent requests

Where did you hear 45?

Also I want it for fast replication of one time things such as bullet fire so no need to spam remotes

Then fire the remote once with the start and end of the bullet, and interpolate it on every client. No need to fire that often.

1 Like

Those are the default settings used in studio regarding network rates:

Property Value
ClientPhysicsSendRate 20
DataGCRate 20
DataSendRate 30
NetworkOwnerRate 10
PhysicsSendRate 20
ReceiveRate 60
TouchSendRate 10

I did some tests in studio and it seems that the server received in average at 45hz the requests of a client firing a remote at 60hz.

8 Likes