Area 51 Project [reopened]

I’m not too familiar with the Area 51 raid meme, but storming a highly guarded military facility sounds like something that could get a lot of idiots killed. In the event that that happens it would most likely get your game moderated.

Not trying to be a downer but Roblox has a history of banning memes and real-life events and i wouldn’t want to see all that effort go to waste.

6 Likes

Following off of what maplestick said, this sounds like a lot of fun and a stupidly fun joke to mess around with, but I’m not sure if Roblox would allow the game to happen.

As much as it is tempting to do this, it worries me that Roblox’s moderation will take action on the game.
(Trust me I’d tag along with this game if so.)

Haha it’s been a huge viral thing here in America. Some person made an event on FB to raid Area 51 and save the aliens. It has over a million people saying they’ll participate and tons of associated memes have been popping up on the internet from it.

It’s hard to know what Roblox would do and I appreciate your concerns here. Roblox embraced the meme on their twitter which helps. This is what Roblox posted: “Break into area51 in Jailbreak here”. I think it signals that they’re ok with it? I also think a few disclaimers throughout the game might help. I’ll also get in touch with a few roblox employees and see what they feel about such a project.

The risks associated with this project are somewhat mitigated by the fact that the dev time is only 48 hours. At worst case, we just lose a weekend of work.

2 Likes

I’m still considering joining myself but it just seems risky.

2 Likes

After reading what maplestick said, it does seem a bit risky, but Roblox did embrace the meme on their Twitter, so I doubt they will take much action against the game.

2 Likes

I’ll apply and see what happens I guess (Contacts are in my portfolio below.)

This is one of the most interesting recruitment topics I’ve seen in a while. I’ll be applying since I’m a man of culture as well.

No compensation gang :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I do not think you should do equal share.

Its equal share because its not really for profit as he stated.

1 Like

Well maybe it doesn’t suit your style, but the goal of this project is to just get a group of passionate people to make a silly game. Along the way, we will be making jokes, adding silly easter eggs, and goofing around. The end product doesn’t matter; The process does.

The compensation is as simple as possible because the game isn’t about being a cash cow and making mad stacks. It’s just a group of people having fun deving for a few hours together.

1 Like

Okay, no hate. Good luck on this project.

1 Like

I would wanna… :frowning_face:

1 Like

Considering Roblox Twitter account has shared a meme about storming Area 51 I really don’t think they would moderate a game about it.

1 Like

Roblox could still moderate the game if the meme were to turn dark. There are some crazy people out there who would actually attend the area 51 raid so I wouldn’t be surprised if something were to go horribly wrong.

2 Likes

Haha at least the fake-satirical raid isn’t till september so there’d still be a few months for us to have something out there before having to worry about moderation and stuff.

Also, people escape jails all the time and get killed in the process. But Roblox doesn’t ban Jailbreak. I don’t know how likely a moderation is.

3 Likes

The Area 51 memes are some of the funniest I’ve seen in a while. Sounds like a cool project. Also I would like to work with you if I weren’t creating my own game at the moment, because back in the day you paid my brother like 2K robux to make a map for your glider game. But you never used the map :skull:

1 Like

Hi! I’d like to join this project.

1 Like

Can you state which person on the team does. Like their job/devskill

1 Like

I’m assuming that he wants scripters and builders.

1 Like

I’m definitely interested in this project, it sounds like it’ll be fun.

1 Like